Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can i delete User System?

jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

if i delete it , will i get any issue with my site?

Best Answers

Answers

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

hmm, i think i shudnt delete it.

hmm , maybe anyone else more familiar?

thx got it.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

You can delete it.

But it'll just come back again. :P

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Interesting discusssion. ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@Lincoln said:
    You can delete it.

But it'll just come back again. :P

ah! kind of like getting on a no call list for telemarketers and they still call !!

by the way, Can it be renamed ? if so how? can it's avatar be changed ?

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited August 2013

It can be renamed from the dashboard and you can change it's avatar without a problem by editing its profile. The system user ID is also set in the config file.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

it's avatar without a problem by editing its profile.

No link to edit profile image :( in profile , it asks to give it a role ... I guess admin ?

there is no system role ...

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited August 2013

Any role would work and the profile image upload is in the front end of the site.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

edited August 2013

No it takes me to my own edit profile page, there is no upload image for system that I can see :( lol never mind I found it lmao !!

Got too used to seeing a link that I did not hover over the image to get the link to appear !!

@vrijvlinder
    maybe try yourdomain/index.php?p=/profile/2/System

I figure it out @jeongwee thanks !! I am calling it Lincoln , coz I think he is cute..... * blushes *

• HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH i just delete it today it was so simple i opened the phpmyadmin in my host then GDN_User table , searched for it and deleted it :P

• @Todd @Lincoln What happens if we change the Vanilla Core to NOT recreate the system user (if the recreation script is in the core, which I'm guessing it is)?

• @vrijvlinder said:
    there is no system role ...

I know this question is already answered, however, I think you could do a System Role with the same permissions as an Admin

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Please don't ping me to ask the equivalent of "what happens if I purposefully break Vanilla" - well then it'll be broken. I'm not going to list the consequences for you.