Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

It should generate in xml only categories but not discussions url's?

Hi! I installed this addon and I have my sitemapindex.xml full of links with including of categories submaps (like sitemap-category-main_avia.xml). Ok. I go to see main_avia.xml and it contains only pages counting like /categories/flame/p1 , /categories/flame/p2... etc... But have no list to discussions. It is normal? Or normal behaiva in XML - is containing link to every discussion?

Thank you.

P.S. Just as CMS - I use Drupal, and sitemap of it full links to every page-link at website. And this is reason to my astonishment

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Sitemaps aren't really needed for a forum, imo. The content is readily traversable since it is essentially a tree. That said, it makes sense to not have a links to every discussion. I think category links would suffice. I would be more worried about any custom pages you have.

P.S. Vanilla Inc. seems to agree with me on the sitemap.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2013

Yes, that's its intended functionality. The idea is that from categories you have lists of every discussion that can be easily discovered, so putting every discussion in an XML is redundant.

To be perfectly frank, it's to placate folks who insist they need one. I think they're bogus.