Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New discussion button displayed while disconnected

Hello, I've got a probelm with my installation of Vanilla Forums 2.2. I imported data from Vanilla 2.1b and all seemed ok, but I just notice that the button "new discussion" stay displayed even when the user is disconnected.
When clicking on it, you can see the whole new discussion form, but when validating, there is an error message:

InsertUserID is required.

Can you please help me, i tried deactivating all plugins, but none seems to be responsible :(

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What does your permissions table look like?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks for your reply hgtonight :)

Are you talking about the mysql table?
    If it is the case, here is it, as attachment

Nothing looks out of the ordinary. What theme are you using?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• It's a variant of bittersweet , but whatever theme I choose, I got the same strange error (for example baseline)

Furthermore, I have several languages sharing the same codebase, except the folders "cache", "conf" and "uploads".

Only english language has this problem, the others don't have this weird behaviour.

The problem should be imho in conf or cache files, or in database...

• The problem is really in the database, i tried connecting to another database, it's working correctly...

• @rjadot said:
    The problem is really in the database, i tried connecting to another database, it's working correctly...

Get the structure of non-working db and working db. Compare both structures

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Here it is: vn_fr.txt is ok, vn_ru.txt not ok. I made a comparison with diff command (diff.txt) from ok to no ok. However, have difficulties to see where there could be a problem. Do you know a better way to compare structures?

• BTW thanks for helping me too UnderDog :)

• I'm sorry, I cannot read those files on my mobile phone. Did you compare DB structures or language structures?

We need help from @hgtonight @peregrine and @vrijvlinder (v-doc) it's good that you created txt files, I just need to read them on my phone (~~~ please, guys)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @UnderDog said:
    I'm sorry, I cannot read those files on my mobile phone. Did you compare DB structures or language structures?

I compared structures :)

I just looked at those files on my phone, and there is no data in there.

Search first

• @underdog i meant db structure

• @hgtonight I only dumped the structure of the databases. Should I dump the data too?

• The database vn_ru (the one not working) with data is around 5.4 MB, so it's too big for being downloaded here.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2013

hold on a sec why not give us a link? To the site that is. Don't post your data.

grep is your friend.

• I uploaded in 2share (I hope this is a good service, this is the first time I use it)

http://www.2shared.com/document/AREI2x18/vn_ru.html

• I'm more interested in the site TBH.

grep is your friend.

• I wouldn't publicly upload a dump of your database without removing any sensitive information first.

I would remove that.

grep is your friend.

• rjadotrjadot New
    edited September 2013

@x00 you're right, I deleted the uploaded dump of database.

The site in production is https://forums.openmandriva.org/en
    but for testing purpose, in order to spot the problem, i imported the database in russian language which is not yet in use:
    https://forums.openmandriva.org/ru
    (btw as it's certified by CAcert, you may have some ssl/tls warning)

• x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2013

it is not possible to post without a session, although this is misleading.

I suspect this from how you dumped and reimported the data, the roles/permission is sensitive to NULL vs empty values, etc.

first try default theme however.

Otherwise you can temporary enable CanSession for Guest in the GND_roles table to then check if there is any permission weirdness.

Also double check there is not UserID 0 in the GDN_User Table

grep is your friend.