Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

500 Internal Server Error vanilla2export.php

hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Vanilla 2 Export?.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Comments

• misifimisifi New
    edited September 2013

[Split] I have uploaded the file to the forum directory and tried to run it but I am getting a server error message. I have looked to see if there is anything I need to amend but the instructions say not to mess with anything. Any ideas?

• What is the error message?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Try having it save the export to the server, then download it after.

If that still doesn't work, I'm guessing your server isn't powerful enough to run it. Dump the database (like from phpMyAdmin) and ask a technical friend / tech support for assistance.

• at the end of the day it is 500, it could be anything. But the script itself has php errors on, so if it got that far it would display them. most likely it is a configuration issue with the server.

You don't even have to run this script on a server, you can run it from the command line/shell. You can take dumps and run it from a local development environment too.

grep is your friend.

• The screenshot is great. The server gives an error and it is logged somewhere. You should be able to find it using your friend and google. Also ask your host.

As Soon as the details of the error are known we would be interested in those details.

Also follow Lincoln's advice

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• you might look into setting up a home pc with ubuntu (very simple and free).

and do the conversion on your home pc and then import the database via phpmyadmin.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20231/how-to-become-somewhat-adept-at-modifying-vanilla-to-meet-your-needs-for-free

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.