Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What does shared accounts mean?

What does shared accounts mean and how do I delete them as a shared account or add more shared accounts?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

In what context?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013

Please include details such as where you see the shared accounts and your Vanilla version because it'll be helpful for many reasons. Since I've seen your last thread about 2.1b2, you're most likely still using 2.1b2, so I know there isn't anything about shared accounts in the core, but many other people who haven't seen your posts may not be able to give accurate answers.

The Troll Management plugin adds a "shared accounts" module on profile pages and shows all accounts that share the same fingerprint value assigned by the plugin.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

Vanilla 2.1b2 and there is one more account that is not listed. How do I edit this list by Troll Management as well as delete some as a forum Administrator?

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013

The shared accounts module in Troll Management shows other accounts that the same user has logged into based on the user's fingerprint value, which is assigned to every user by the plugin based on their cookies, so there isn't a way to add or remove the users manually from the shared accounts list.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

OK. Disabled it. http://www.internetforum.x10host.com

Also, how to promote someone?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited October 2013

Well there you go, removing negative stuff is pretty much a promotion !

Even if it was tardy we must thank @Lincoln and who ever else is responsible for cleaning up after the trolls who savagely attacked us. I noticed the Spam flags by the trolls were removed !

I wonder how that was achieved ? By deleting the trolls and their baggage ? I am curious as to what procedure was utilized, considering it took long. Maybe is best not to know and just be thankful :)

Heart @Lincoln ;)

@peregrine I hate when you edit the meat of your comment and then mine is irrelevant !!

• Options

... How do you promote another user?

• Options

Promotion Implies the use of a Ranking System, that is not available in the free version sorry.

However you can create something similar I am sure :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@vrijvlinder said:

peregrine I hate when you edit the meat of your comment and then mine is irrelevant !!

you are too fast to respond before i get all my ducks in a row in comment. And I am too slow in getting my ducks in a row, and they constantly step out of line, so I've got to train them to walk the line, the ducks in a row that is. :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@vrijvlinder How to do it in Vanillaforums.org

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Moderators & MVPs can Promote on this site.

• Options

Are you asking how to promote a comment, or change the membership of a user account?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Promote a comment @hgtonight

• Options

They already answered, but it is a reaction that is only available to "MVP" or veteran users.

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    They already answered, but it is a reaction that is only available to "MVP" or veteran users.

And Snapperheads :)

• Options

LOL @vrijvlinder @Lincoln is the only Snapperhead! And you're the only "I do house calls ;)"