HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I Was Told Not To Post Here, But....

I was told because the forum I am an administrator on is a Vanilla hosted forum, not a self-hosted forum, that I should be posting questions on the discussion board at vanillaforums.com, not here at vanillaforums.org. But there is a slight problem with that. For some reason, I cannot log into the discussions at .com. When I try it tells me "Sorry, no account could be found related to the email/username you entered." Doesn't matter if I try to sign in with my username or my email. The admin who created our forum can sign in at that discussion board with no problem. For reasons I don't understand, I can sign in on this discussion board, but not the one at .com. Can anyone help me out with what I am doing wrong?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You should probably file a support request through the account that can access the .com forums.

Or give them a call: 1-866-845-0815

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@awilcox_

The reason you were told that is that we don't have the same set up as the hosted version, so normally can't be of much use.

• whu606, I understand that and don't have a problem with that. I just found it odd that I can sign in here, not there.

hgtonight, I will check with support. I figured it was probably something stupid I was doing. Guess not. Thanks for the help.

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@alwilcox_ were you able to get the help you needed?

• I haven't had a chance to contact support yet.

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

i will send you a PM