Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Forum disappeared overnight "Page Not Found" is displayed now

2»

Comments

• Possibly, I did disable the vanilla application - I think that was under Conversations Application if I remember correctly in the 'Applications' area, perhaps I disabled it? I don't remember doing that but it's possible.

• edited December 2013

Here's the updated, config.php

`<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

// Conversations
    $Configuration['Conversations']['Version'] = '2.0.18.9';

// Database
    $Configuration['Database']['Name'] = '****************';
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = '*******************';
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = '********************';
    $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = '***********';

// EnabledApplications
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';
    $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Conversations'] = 'conversations';

// EnabledPlugins
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';

// Garden
    $Configuration['Garden']['Title'] = 'Hamilton Historical Forum';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = 'QBRO1SM7K4';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmail'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Captcha';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmailRole'] = '4';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPrivateKey'] = '******************************************* ';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['CaptchaPublicKey'] = '******************************************* ';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['InviteExpiration'] = '-1 week';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['InviteRoles'] = 'a:5:{i:3;s:1:"0";i:4;s:1:"0";i:8;s:1:"0";i:16;s:1:"0";i:32;s:1:"0";}';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportName'] = 'Hamilton Historical Forum';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportAddress'] = 'info@hamiltonhistorical.com';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['UseSmtp'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpHost'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpUser'] = '**************';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPassword'] = '***********';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPort'] = '**';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpSecurity'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Version'] = '2.0.18.9';
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['CanProcessImages'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['InstallationID'] = '*******************';
    $Configuration['Garden']['InstallationSecret'] = '************************';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['Hashtags'] = FALSE;

// Plugins
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Dashboard'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Profile'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Categories'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Plugins'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Registration'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['GettingStarted']['Discussion'] = '1';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['OpenID']['Enabled'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Facebook']['ApplicationID'] = '*******************************';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Facebook']['Secret'] = '***********************************';

// Routes
    $Configuration['Routes']['DefaultController'] = 'a:2:{i:0;s:11:"discussions";i:1;s:8:"Internal";}';

// Vanilla
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Version'] = '2.0.18.9';

// Last edited by Admin (***********)3-12-02 19:26:50
    `

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

do you see the paragraph marker on the buttonbar.

the sixth item - select all the code you posted - click the paragraph button and then click code

or put tildes above and below that will format your info properly.

~~~

your info
    ~~~

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Took me about 10 tries, but now I understand how to do that. I can't thank you enough for the help!

• now you can enable the other plugins you want one by one via the dashboard.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

•  Here's the .htaccess

# Original
                # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified
                <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                   RewriteEngine On
                   # Certain hosts may require the following line.
                   # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. 
                   # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
                   # RewriteBase /
                   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
                   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
                   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
                </IfModule>

• Thanks to all for the help, I really appreciate it. I will be very careful just adding every plugin I see... :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

if your forum works - the .htaccess is fine.

if it didn't work. you would uncomment line 10 and put the correct ReWriteBase in there, as explained in lines 7,8, and 9.

but since you are working - no need to change.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

While it is possible to disable applications pragmatically, I can't think of any plugin that does this.

The dashboard application can't be disabled via the config, so you could theoretically have opened forum.example.com/dashboard/settings/applications and re-enabled Vanilla through there.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

@hgtonight said:
    While it is possible to disable applications pragmatically, I can't think of any plugin that does this.

The dashboard application can't be disabled via the config, so you could theoretically have opened forum.example.com/dashboard/settings/applications and re-enabled Vanilla through there.

I don't think so. Once you disable vanilla in dashboard, there is only one way to correct that and that is to modify config manually.

you cannot re-enable vanilla via the dashboard, once "vaniila application" it is disabled, as far as I can tell.

bets are on - hgtonight

perhaps the op - had one error with a plugin and then created a chain of events to make things worse, either by mucking up config.php or disabling the app in the dashboard. The plugins certainly wouldn't disable vanilla - the one in the add-ons section that is.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited December 2013

@peregrine said:
    I don't think so. Once you disable vanilla in dashboard, there is only one way to correct that and that is to modify config manually.

you cannot re-enable vanilla via the dashboard, once "vaniila application" it is disabled, as far as I can tell.

I just tested my theory on a fresh install of 2.0.18.9. Disabled both conversations and vanilla. I can still access the dashboard ('/dashboard/settings') and the application page ('/settings/applications'). Re-enabling functions fine.

You can disable the dashboard application using a configuration option ($Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Dashboard'] = FALSE;) but that causes an error to show up in the boostrap sequence which assumes the dashboard application has been enabled.

This is all very interesting.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

on my test with 2.0.18.8 I disabled vanilla application from the dashboard and can't access the dashboard. :)

either I'm crazy or it is fixed in 2.0.18.9 - will test later, Until then, I give you the win.