HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Tried Vanilla, but it didn't work out

Despite my proven strategies, the spam issues on my site were too great. I couldn't manage it effectively.

Thanks for your efforts,

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Could you share your strategies ?

What version ?

There new plugins to help combat it. Did you try them ?

It is not fair to say this without something further to understand your issues.

Sorry it did not work out for you. But "tried Vanilla and it did not work out" is as vague as bought a car and it did not work out.

• meshugymeshugy Musician/Hacker ✭✭

I've been using Stop Forum Spam and it has been pretty well flawless. It's blocking dozens of spammers a day.

• @MotoWebMaster said:
    I couldn't manage it effectively.

Sorry to hear that, but I haven't seen you open a discussion yet : "Hey guys, I'm getting spam, please help", so I'll show you a couple of links to existing (old) threads:

Hope the links help. As you see, you weren't the only one with Spam problems but the other users resolved it with these links.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@MotoWebMaster

What a strange first post.

You have never asked for help, so I don't know what you mean by 'proven strategies'.

My proven strategies keep my forum 99.9% spam free, so I think you were obviously doing something wrong.

• I always find post like this a bit bemusing, but whatever.

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Couldn't help and it didn't work out.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

If the OP doesn't come back, I'd be minded to delete this, as with my cynical hat on, it could look like an attempt to get unsubstantiated criticism of Vanilla into the 'ether'.

• @whu606 said:
    If the OP doesn't come back, I'd be minded to delete this, as with my cynical hat on, it could look like an attempt to get unsubstantiated criticism of Vanilla into the 'ether'.

meh

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@whu606 said:
    If the OP doesn't come back, I'd be minded to delete this, as with my cynical hat on, it could >>look like an attempt to get unsubstantiated criticism of Vanilla into the 'ether'.

@x00 said:
    meh

If I got your meh right!

Yes, I'd leave it as well, it became added value. You could change the title.

"Tried vanilla, but never tried asking the Forum community for a solution, that was my mistake!"

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Or just replace the title with , "Testing ....."

• meh just leave it. Otherwise it seems buthurt.

If he didn't like fair enough.

grep is your friend.

'buthurt'

I had to look that up.

I guess I'm out of the 'yoof' culture loop.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

"Your shit is broken, thanks anyway" mic drop