Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Does not do anything

2»

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The issue you are having pertains to the permissions not being set up correctly. You need to give out permissions to each of your roles as you see fit. Below is an explanation of the different permissions Yaga registers:

• 'Yaga.Reactions.Add' - User can click on reactions
    • 'Yaga.Reactions.Manage' - User can add/edit/delete actions in the dashboard
    • 'Yaga.Reactions.View' - User can see reactions on the front end
    • 'Yaga.Reactions.Edit' - User remove other's reactions on (not implemented yet)
    • 'Yaga.Badges.Add' - User can give out badges
    • 'Yaga.Badges.Manage' - User can add/edit/delete badges in the dashboard
    • 'Yaga.Badges.View' - User can view badges in the front end
    • 'Yaga.Ranks.Add' - User can promote/assign ranks manually to user's
    • 'Yaga.Ranks.Manage' - User can add/edit/delete ranks in the dashboard

Of particular note for you is the Yaga.Reactions.Add and Yaga.Reactions.View permissions. You probably want those checked on your member roles.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight Yeah, but you were put on the same Administrator role as I am. Why can you give Reactions when I can't, even though I'm on the same Role?

• Options

@hgtonight Can you create a test discussion on the site to see if I can see the reactions, please?

• Options

I forgot to mention that a user can never react on one's own content.

Regardless of the permissions available.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight Yep! It works! So apparently, I can't see it on my own discussions. As a huge Thank you, you can stay as an Admin on there as long as you want.

• Options

"...a user can never react on one's own content." I really like this feature. It has long irked me that on other social networks, users can Like their own posts. What's the point of that! :\

• Options

@RogerJH said:
    "...a user can never react on one's own content." I really like this feature. It has long irked me that on other social networks, users can Like their own posts. What's the point of that! :\

Inflating numbers is fun some times. :D

Search first

• Options

@RogerJH said:

This is a darn ridiculous feature Facebook should have added like a century ago. Now, Facebook is being called a mindless zombie for not implementing this feature. Come on now, Facebook. You're definitely not mindless while also not a zombie.

• Options

Now that we are done with this problem, shouldn't this be closed?

• Options

@ilovetech In general, I don't close discussions unless they are getting derailed.

Search first

This discussion has been closed.