Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Statistics NOT work (page views) on 2.2.10.1

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/vanillastatistics

Is plugin came installed with the version 2.2.10.1 i downloaded form Github.

And in Dashboard the stats works and the Page Views also work, but per Discussion they don't work both front end and backend (dashboard) everything has '1 views'

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2014

@mvaneijgen

Vanilla 2.2.x is not even Beta software.

If you find any issues, you should file it on GitHub, not on here.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited March 2014

The view counter works fine, it's just optimized for large sites by default to increment in 10s.

Set Vanilla.Views.Denormalize = FALSE in your config to have it count by 1s.

• edited March 2014

@Lincoln‌ in what file is this?

write it like this in config-defaults.php OR config.php
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Denormalize'] = FALSE;

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@mvaneijgen in config.php, the config-defaults.php should not be modified.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

/conf/config.php

You should never modify config-defaults.php... ever.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Why is it that when i edit the config.php all my settings reset.

And it does not work with $Configuration['Vanilla']['Denormalize'] = FALSE;

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited March 2014

@mvaneijgen You must be careful to edit the latest version of config.php AFTER you have applied/saved any settings changes in your Dashboard.

You missed the "Views" part of the config name.

//edit: added a section "Avoiding accidental overwrites" :D

• edited March 2014

@hey ok i see what i did wrong now.

i now got

// Routes

$Configuration['Routes']['DefaultController'] = 'discussions';

// Vanilla

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Version'] = '2.2.10.1';

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Views']['Denormalize'] = FALSE;

edited in config.php but still no luck everything is 1 views

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Lincoln said:
    Mark this day on your calendars, folks. Lincoln responded to a .org question by writing the bloody docs. :D

To think it has come to this... the horror, the horror!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@mvaneijgen It doesn't immediately increase your views; now you need to wait for them to happen.

• @Lincoln‌ it has been als long as it has and still no luck. Every discussion has '1 Views' and the page view has grown form 300+ to 600+

This last seems also unlikely cause it is a private forum with only a hand full of users.

• I don't know why people insist on using an apha version on a production site? What's more why are people encouraging people to do this?

The stable branch still has outstanding issues as it is.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@mvaneijgen Check your pages for Javascript errors using the developer toolbar in your browser. That would cause the view incrementer to stop working.

• edited March 2014

This is only error i got

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

• Still no views it has been a week and still everything is at 1 view. Isnt there a working a plugin that does this in a other way so i also can see not only how many views but who viewed it?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/incrementview-plugin never tested in alpha version, nor will I attempt to make plugin work in alpha version, if it doesn't help you. it may work. since I am in the same camp as x00, that people who don't know how to fix their own problems shouldn't be using an alpha version.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.