Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

About the Vanilla 2.1 release cycle

124»

Comments

• So is this topic where you can keep up with development of Vanilla?

Or is there actually a dev blog or similar that is better?

I've come back to using Vanilla after a hiatus since v1 and it's difficult to know where to keep up to date with Vanilla development news etc, when the main site / blog seems more interested in selling you on the hosted version and posting articles for the purpose of good SEO.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Read the start of the thread, and download the latest development branch from Github if you want to have a play.

I don't think any of the Vanillla bods will be saying much on here now until it is ready for production.

There are lots of threads/support on aspects of 2.1 here.

As to the 'hard sell' - well, they are a business, what do you expect?

The free version is a community supported project (or should be...)

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

I think 2.1 is about to be released.

2.0.18.4 was released on March 2012 and its been a haphazard year with lots of successes and improvements.

Looking at the number of issues being closed in Github, I feel 2.1 is ready for beta release.

Patience pays.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• aery - are you the new nostradamus :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@aery I got about 40 emails from github about todd closing issues. If nothing else, they are going through the back log. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

@todd has been busy. There is a lot of new code up and I'll download it tonight when I get home. I hope to see a lot of fixes.

• It appears this release never happened? The latest version I get when I download is 2.0.18.8

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

@khalwat said:
    It appears this release never happened? The latest version I get when I download is 2.0.18.8

It's still in development

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• HI guys, do you have a rough idea when is 2.1 going to be released? Seems to be working quite nicely already.

Thanks,
    Zbynek

@Zbynek‌

See this thread: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26378/onward-to-2-1b3#latest

The answer would seem to be - end of this month + a bit, unless, of course, major glitches are found.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Hey we're only a year late :D

@Lincoln said:
    Hey we're only a year late :D

Yeah, frankly that's not good enough.

We want free stuff, we want it to be excellent, and we want it to meet all our needs.

This is the dawning of the Age of Entitlement, after all... B)

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@whu606 said:
    Yeah, frankly that's not good enough.
    We want free stuff, we want it to be excellent, and we want it to meet all our needs.

Most importantly, we want it now, or earlier, because we know that everything is easy to do and should not take more than a couple of minutes (even when we have no knowledge of software development).:)