HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Official Basic Pages Feedback Thread

Comments

• @jeongwee, are you styling the Vanilla comments embed with inline styling or a CSS file?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭
    edited November 2013

yea, i use CSS file , even i added !important still failed to styling.

@Shadowdare i opened another discussion

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25327/failed-to-style-embed-comments#latest

• @jeongwee said:
    yea, i use CSS file , even i added !important still failed to styling.

It's not caused by Basic Pages. Please create a new discussion with details.

• Version 1.9 released.

This release includes two changes:

• Vanilla 2.0.18.8 and older versions do not allow longtext as a valid database column type. A conditional has been added for the page body text database column type, which is set to text for Vanilla 2.0.18.8 and older versions and longtext for Vanilla 2.1b2+. If your page body gets truncated because there is too many characters, then you will need to upgrade to Vanilla 2.1 when a stable version is released.

• A few events that programmers can hook into have been added to the page view.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited March 2014

Version 1.9.2 released.

Fixes the "missing argument 1 for PagesSettingsController.AddSideMenu()" fatal error that shows up on the edit and delete pages if the PHP error reporting level is set to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT as reported by @zmastez.

edited March 2014

Version 2.0.0 Released:

• Added the ability to enable a custom view permission for each page that can be set for each role. Thanks to @R_J, who came up with the idea for this feature and contributed some code to make it happen. Note: If you change the URL code of a page that has the custom view permission setting checked, you have to recheck it and reset the permission for each role for now because of a bug with one of the database methods in Vanilla.

• Fixed a bonk error that showed up after saving a page if MySQL was set to strict mode as reported by @chanh.

Upgrade Instructions:

After uploading the files, changes to the database structure are required, so you can either re-enable the Basic Pages application to apply the changes, or go to http://example.com/index.php?p=/utility/structure to run Vanilla's upgrade script.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@Shadowdare: I'm not sure the latest version is working. Yes, I did run the upgrade and I did disabled and reanabled BasicPages. I don't see the menu options added to the menu bar. I did a test and right-clicked on the url of the pages in the dashboard (Under "Organizing Pages") and opened the page in a new browser tab (just to ensure that I have permissions to access the page, and the page shows fine).
    Sorry, can't give you access to the closed beta site but can send you other info if you need.

edited March 2014

@rbrahmson‌, with Vanilla 2.0.18.10, the Basic Pages admin links in the side menu of the dashboard show up normally for me. If you're referring to the "edit" and "delete" buttons for pages, then those show up normally as well. If you're referring to the "show header site menu link?" setting, then that works fine also. A screenshot of the problem would help show what the problem is.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

I simply didn't see the added menus in the menu bar. The dashboard with all the links you mention are fine. Even verified that the roles has permission for the new pages. Since nothing shows up on the menu bar a screen shot wouldn't help (and I wouldn't be able to give you one for internal confidentiality reasons anyway).
    Don't know why the new pages are not added. Don't lose sleep over it - if you aren't aware of an issue It can wait until I give it further look next week after I return from some travel.

edited March 2014

@rbrahmson‌, I asked for a screen shot because I didn't know which menu bar you were referring to.

• Do you mean the menu where the header site menu links are supposed to show up on the front end of the website and not the pages list in the dashboard? If so, do you have the "show header site menu link" setting checked for the pages?
    • Are you using a custom theme? Do the links show up if you use the default theme?

If the above two things don't fix the problem, please try unchecking the "use custom view permission for roles" setting for the pages and see if the links show up.

edited June 2014

Basic Pages Version 2.1.2 released.

Note:

If you have the "disable automatic body formatting and allow raw HTML?" setting checked for any pages, you will have to set their format settings to "Raw HTML" manually after the upgrade, or run the SQL command below.

If you have a lot of pages with that setting enabled, you can run this SQL command before upgrading Basic Pages to v2.1.2:

UPDATE `GDN_Page` SET `Format` = 'RawHtml' WHERE `RawBody` = 1;

Changes from v2.0.0:

• A per-page body format setting has been added, allowing the user to choose between HTML, Markdown, BBCode, Raw HTML, and Raw HTML with automatic line breaking. See the note above.
    • Vanilla versions older than Vanilla 2.1 are no longer supported.
    • The PageData object has been renamed to Page. If you're retrieving the object in a plugin or theme hooks file, be sure to update the object name.
    • The /controllers/class.basicpagescontroller.php and /models/class.basicpagesmodel.php files are no longer needed and have been removed.
    • A lot of code has been cleaned up.

Upgrade Instructions:

After uploading the files, changes to the database structure are required, so you can either re-enable the Basic Pages application to apply the changes, or go to http://example.com/index.php?p=/utility/structure to run Vanilla's upgrade script.

Thanks to @hgtonight for helping test this release for bugs.

• Basic Pages Version 2.1.4 released.

Changes from v2.1.3:

• License changed from GPLv3 to GNU GPL2.
    • Page object property in PageController is now passed to the Sender data collection.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@Shadowdare said:
    Special thanks to @Bleistivt for contributing these fixes. :)

yes, Bleistivt , the gift that keeps on giving eh? <3 Long live @Bleistivt !!!

edited January 2018

This is just a quick update to encourage the upgrade to Vanilla 2.5: Basic Pages v2.1.7 works with Vanilla 2.5 apart from the custom view permission toggle and that the settings pages have to be updated for the new dashboard style. You can still add and edit new or existing pages. :)

edited January 2018

I have an update ready for Basic Pages that (only) supports Vanilla 2.5+, but I can't upload to the Addons Directory at the moment due to an error on the site. I just submitted a bug report for the Addons Directory issue.

• When I try to enable the app in 'Manage Applications' I get a "Application not found"-error.

Vanilla 2.5, BasicPages 2.1.8 from git, installed in /applications/basicpages/. I have tried a few times, reinstalled, cleared cache etc - no change.

edited February 2018

@stackmouse said:
    When I try to enable the app in 'Manage Applications' I get a "Application not found"-error.

Vanilla 2.5, BasicPages 2.1.8 from git, installed in /applications/basicpages/. I have tried a few times, reinstalled, cleared cache etc - no change.

Good find. I also get this error. Basic Pages works fine if you manually enable it via the config file. There seems to be a bug with the toggle button in the dashboard. I submitted an issue for Vanilla on GitHub here: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/6559

@stackmouse, until that's fixed, if you would like to help test out Basic Pages 2.1.8 from GitHub to see how it works, you can add $Configuration['EnabledApplications']['BasicPages'] = 'basicpages'; to your /conf/config.php file and then go to /dashboard/utility/structure to apply changes to the database.

• @Shadowdare - ok, it works by following your instructions. Created a few pages edited them etc without problems. 'Show header site menu link'-option screws the Gopi theme, but that is theme-related I think.

I will play a bit more with it later this week and will report back.

edited April 2018

Basic Pages v2.1.8 released!

Supports Vanilla 2.5+. Doesn't support older versions of Vanilla because of new design changes in the dashboard and about.php having been replaced by addon.json.

Had to clear out the old addon in the Vanilla Addons Directory and upload anew due to issues with key/keyRaw and addon.json stuff.

Let me know how this release works for you all. =)