Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bonk Error with Email Confirmation

I'm getting a bonk error when confirming an email address.

I did the debug configuration so you'd know what the error message is. Here is the link to the fatal error I'm getting. http://inspiringwomenmagazine.com/iwm-forum/

Thank you for the help!

Comments

• why not just post the error on this forum instead of a link. because the error won't be visible to other users once you fix it, and consequently it won't help others with same problem.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I'll add both - copy and paste and an attached image. Thank you!

Fatal Error in Gdn_Autoloader.RegisterMap();
    Only variables should be passed by reference
    The error occurred on or near: /home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/library/core/class.autoloader.php

382: $Options['MapIdentifier'] = $MapIdentifier;

383: $MapHash = md5($MapIdentifier);

384:

385: // Allow intrinsic ordering / layering of contexts by prefixing them with a context number

386: $MapHash = 'context:'.GetValue($ContextType, array_flip(self::$ContextOrder)).''.$Extension.''.$MapHash;

387:

388: if (!is_array(self::$Maps))

389: self::$Maps = array();

390:

Backtrace:

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/library/core/class.autoloader.php:386] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/library/core/class.autoloader.php:142] Gdn_Autoloader::RegisterMap();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/library/core/class.autoloader.php:95] Gdn_Autoloader::AttachApplication();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/bootstrap.php:73] Gdn_Autoloader::Attach();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/index.php:41] PHP::require_once();

Variables in local scope:

[MapType] 'controller'

[ContextType] 'application'

[SearchPath] '/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers'

[Options] array (
    'SearchSubfolders' => false,
    'Extension' => 'dashboard',
    'ContextPrefix' => 'a',
    'ClassFilter' => '*',
    'SaveToDisk' => true,
    'MapIdentifier' => 'controller|application|dashboard|/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/cache',
    )

[DefaultOptions] array (
    'SearchSubfolders' => true,
    'Extension' => NULL,
    'ContextPrefix' => 'a',
    'ClassFilter' => '*',
    'SaveToDisk' => true,
    )

[Extension] 'dashboard'

[Hits] 1

[MapRootLocation] '/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/cache'

[MapIdentifier] 'controller|application|dashboard|/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/cache'

[MapHash] '3b0399a935b72a3307750ae9cef468c6'

Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.
    Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
    Application Version: 2.0.18.10
    PHP Version: 5.4.26
    Operating System: Linux
    Server Software: Apache
    Referer: http://inspiringwomenmagazine.com/iwm-forum/
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
    Request Uri: /forum/index.php?p=/&t=1396981670376&remote=http%3A%2F%2Finspiringwomenmagazine.com%2Fiwm-forum%2F
    Controller: Gdn_Autoloader
    Method: RegisterMap

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

php version 5.4 and above can do this. deprecation and/or turn off debug mode.

see hgtonight's comments and resolutions in links below.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/203874/#Comment_203874

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/203638/#Comment_203638

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• The reason why I had it on debug mode was to try to correct a bonk error when sending a confirmation email. Here is a link to the error - it's at the bottom of the page. When you click "here" it gives you a bonk error. http://inspiringwomenmagazine.com/iwm-forum/

Thank you!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

try different version of php, maybe 5.3 if it is easy for you to change and see if you get error.
    if you still get bonk error after changing to php 5.3 report that new error.

• wild guess in the dark if you can't debug errors because of ver php 5.4 with vanilla 2.0.18.10

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/199382/#Comment_199382

• My cPanel doesn't have an option for 5.3. Also, I read this at top of my cPanel page. " If you are not familiar with these options, do NOT change them.
    This can cause all PHP scripts on your site to stop functioning if misconfigured."
    So I'm reluctant to change the settings!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

you can always change it back. one would assume. vanilla 2.0.18.10 works fine with 5.3

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

or maybe change the error reporting to

ini_set("error_reporting", E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED);

or perhaps change...

iirc it is in index.php

error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_CORE_ERROR | E_COMPILE_ERROR | E_USER_ERROR | E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR);
    ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

to

error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_CORE_ERROR | E_COMPILE_ERROR | E_USER_ERROR | E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR);
    error_reporting(error_reporting() & (-1 ^ E_DEPRECATED));

• I replaced:

ini_set('track_errors', 1);

with your:

ini_set("error_reporting", E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED);

and I still got a bonk error. :(

Can you suggest another fix?

I can't change the php to 5.3 because my cPanel doesn't have that option. Thx!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

try changing to this, might work...

error_reporting(error_reporting() & (-1 ^ E_DEPRECATED));

I don't run php5.4 and vanilla 2.0.18.10 - so I'm just taking guesses of what might work. maybe someone else can help.

• Just tried and it didn't work. Thank you for trying to help! When I test, I'm able to get access the forum from my test account, it just give the bonk error and i don't get the email confirmation.

• you would still get the bonk screen if you have other errors, but it may help with the first error.

Fatal Error in Gdn_Autoloader.RegisterMap(); Only variables should be passed by reference The error occurred on or near: /home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/library/core/class.autoloader.php

if you change the config.php to see the actual error (to find out cause of bonk), do you have a different one with the error reporting changes.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Changing the PHP version won't get rid of your Bonk error (well it probably won't). It will get rid of the autoloader deprecation warning and show you the actual error.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I really appreciate @peregrine and @hgtonight trying to help. I don't really understand what you're both trying to say. I get a bonk error when you click on the "here" at the bottom of this page. http://inspiringwomenmagazine.com/iwm-forum/#

I tried to change some code so we can actually see what was wrong and that's when I got the "Fatal Error in Gdn_Autoloader.RegisterMap(); " error. I thought that was the one that needed to be fixed? But then I thought that @peregrine was telling me that because I tried to debug that's why I got the error?

I'm not getting an email confirmation when my test email address is used, and when I try to send one from the "here" link it gives me a bonk error.

Thank you both! Alison

You need to either switch to PHP 5.3 or modify your index.php file to disregard deprecation errors. Something like: error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED); should work.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• So do I replace one of these lines in the index.php file with the "error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED);"?

// Report and track all errors.
    ini_set('track_errors', 1);

• This is the error:

Fatal Error in PHPMailer.SmtpSend();
    SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: astripling@gmail.com
    The error occurred on or near: /home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/library/vendors/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php

751:

752:

753: if (count($bad_rcpt) > 0 ) { //Create error message for any bad addresses

754: $badaddresses = implode(', ', $bad_rcpt);

755: throw new phpmailerException($this->Lang('recipients_failed') . $badaddresses);

756: }

757: if(!$this->smtp->Data($header . $body)) {

758: throw new phpmailerException($this->Lang('data_not_accepted'), self::STOP_SERVER);

759: }

Backtrace:

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/library/vendors/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php:577] PHPMailer->SmtpSend();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/library/core/class.email.php:202] PHPMailer->Send();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:2092] Gdn_Email->Send();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php:1339] UserModel->SendEmailConfirmationEmail();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php:1339] EntryController->EmailConfirmRequest();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:322] PHP::call_user_func_array();

[/home2/hapamamm/public_html/inspiringwomenmagazine/forum/index.php:54] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.
    Additional information for support personnel:

Application: Vanilla
    Application Version: 2.0.18.10
    PHP Version: 5.4.26
    Operating System: Linux
    Server Software: Apache
    Referer: http://inspiringwomenmagazine.com/forum/
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
    Request Uri: /forum/entry/emailconfirmrequest
    Controller: PHPMailer
    Method: SmtpSend

Do you have SMTP credentials entered in the dashboard?

Search first

• I tried to get the right inputs there... LOL. I even when to my cPanel to look. Do you think I did something wrong? Thank you!!!