Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bonk Error with Email Confirmation

2»

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Is there a SMTP server running on myhost:myport?

Try using TLS on port 587 instead of SSL 465

You should be able to send using the normal mail, without smtp. You are using your email from your forum not gmail or anything external.

Just input the email in the top field and unselect smtp. Otherwise check with your host to make sure.

• Okay I made possibly the goofiest error of all time. I typed my email address in wrong in the settings. That was the extent of the error. Yes, people, it was my fault to begin with. Totes embarrassing. Well, I have another question to post...hopefully the next one will be better. LOL

edited April 2014

@‌ alisonstripling

It happens more than you think, to me at least and some others at times. You need not be embarrassed .

In fact thanks to you, From now on if this happens again to someone else the first thing we will ask them is Did you enter your email correctly ?

I often think that the simplest answer is the correct one most of the time. Ocam's Razor.

Welcome to Vanilla :)

• @alisonstripling said:
    Okay I made possibly the goofiest error of all time. I typed my email address in wrong in the settings. That was the extent of the error. Yes, people, it was my fault to begin with. Totes embarrassing. Well, I have another question to post...hopefully the next one will be better. LOL

yes but it helped you solve an issue that can be more wide reaching.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:

@alisonstripling said:
    Okay I made possibly the goofiest error of all time. I typed my email address in wrong in the settings. That was the extent of the error. Yes, people, it was my fault to begin with. Totes embarrassing. Well, I have another question to post...hopefully the next one will be better. LOL

yes but it helped you solve an issue that can be more wide reaching.

@vrijvlinder said:
    @‌ alisonstripling

It happens more than you think, to me at least and some others at times. You need not be embarrassed .

In fact thanks to you, From now on if this happens again to someone else the first thing we will ask them is Did you enter your email correctly ?

I often think that the simplest answer is the correct one most of the time. Ocam's Razor.

Welcome to Vanilla :)

I made the same mistake of not entering the correct email address. So simple but could cause a lot of confusion

• test