Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Errors on Vanilla 2.1RC1

Hi Thanks for this awesome plugin :D i got some errors on fresh vanilla 2.1 rc 1 install :smile:

Here's my server build:

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• that's what im using. it's called RC1 now.

• @fr3em1nd said:
    that's what im using. it's called RC1 now.

Yes but using a release candidate when 2.1 has been officially released makes little sense.

grep is your friend.

• ?? im confused with you guys...

im using this one: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core

this is the release candidate the stable release for 2.1 right ??

• lumiolumio New
    edited May 2014

RC is "kind of" a special beta version.
    stable is more or less the version after RC.

Look at the latest version section of http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

@fr3em1nd said:
    ?? im confused with you guys...

im using this one: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core

this is the release candidate the stable release for 2.1 right ??

2.1rc1 was realeased about a week before 2.1.
    2.1 replaced 2.1rc1.
    rc - is just another way to confuse you, a "candidate" . but not the "chosen one". :)

look in your index.php - if it says 2.1rc1 you re using 2.1rc1 and you should upgrade.
    if it says 2.1 you are using the "Stable" recommenced version of 2.1 as of this date.

you can also see the version in the lower left corner of your dashboard.

I also believe version check plugin tells you your vanilla version as well.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• fr3em1ndfr3em1nd ✭✭
    edited May 2014

define('APPLICATION_VERSION', '2.1');

i believe im using 2.1 the latest stable release

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for reporting the error.

I will be releasing an updated version tested on 2.1 stable.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

edited May 2014

I just released 1.3, please let me know if that resolves your issue.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• hi @hgtonight this is awesome! i got this last bug i think

I spent a little more time with this codebase. Could you try the latest GitHub version? https://github.com/hgtonight/Plugin-DiscussionPolls

Btw, these errors are just notices. They are definitely code smells and I really appreciate you posting them. That said, disabling debugging should remove these types of errors.

If you find anything else wrong, do let me know. If not, I will release 1.3.1 here. :D

Search first

• I don't know if it is worth to start a new discussion so i post it here:

T('Plugins.DiscussionPolls.UnsweredAllQuestions', 'You have not answered all questions!')); T('Plugins.DiscussionPolls.UnsweredUnable', 'Unable to save!')); is it purposed to be "Unswered" without the "a"?

and how can i translate the things in this picture?

Version is 1.3

greetings :D

Thanks @Martin_Meier‌

You can currently have to translate each Option and Question (e.g. 'Option #1' = 'Answer #1', 'Option #2' = 'Answer #2', etc.) number individually. I will go ahead and fix that now.

Search first

1.3.2 is live in the GitHub repo.

@Martin_Meier‌ you should be able to use Question #%d and Option #%d as keys for translating the plugin. E.g. $Definition['Option #%d'] = 'Answer #%d';.

Be sure to include a %d in your definition so the right number shows up.

Search first

• Thanks buddy @hgtonight‌ :D

• Sorry for the double post, but I was to late to edit :D

it is not ['Option #%d'], it is ['Option #%s']

I know... it was just to test my attention :p

Greetings ;)

• I am really to slow... :(

the translation works fine until I want to add more than two answers...

"Option #NaN" but I am sure 3 is a number :D

Greetings... again ;)

I believe I fixed the translation issues. Please test out 1.3.3, live in the GitHub repo: https://github.com/hgtonight/Plugin-DiscussionPolls

Search first

• Thank you @hgtonight‌ !

Cache is cleared, plugin disabled, updated and enabled...

The %s || %d "problem" is solved... but the "Option #NaN" is still the same.

Greetings =)

@Martin_Meier‌ Is it same to assume your definition is Antwort Nr.%d for Option #%d?

Search first