HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Deleting Drafts

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited August 2009 in Feedback
When viewing a Draft, the "Cancel" link is basically functionless and there's no "Delete". I just had a very confusing 2 minutes during which I could not figure out how to delete a draft. I was clicking on it in the sidebar and clicking the "Cancel" button to try and make it go away. I had to step back and think about how to make them all appear on one page (Discussions -> Drafts) in the hopes that more options would appear, which did work, but I worry that casual users might not make that leap.
Tagged:

Comments

• "Cancel" would be more accurately named "Clear" I think.

I also don't like how I have to go to the "My Drafts" page to delete something I already scraped because of the automatic save. I'd like a button on the comment box to delete my draft without having to navigate to different pages.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Good idea...
  • Agreed.
  • I'm having an issue where it says i have 1 my drafts, but when i go into my drafts there's nothing there. I have made test drafts, which do appear and i have deleted, but it still says i have . Any ideas?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Stevie_c Make sure there are no draft records with your UserID in the GDN_Draft.InsertUserID field.

Once that is the case, visit your forums /dba/counts page. I.e. http://forums.example.com/dba/counts.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Stevie_cStevie_c New
    edited May 2014

I know what has caused it, I deleted the 'bam you got a sweet forum' from categories page. I went back into my drafts and although it looked like nothing was there, when i moved my mouse i noticed a little x in the corner. Clicked it deleted the blank draft.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

you may have hit upon the root cause of the mysterious issue.

so perhaps deletion of discussions, doesn't remove drafts and/or reset counters properly. issue??

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

aside from the

Once that is the case, visit your forums /dba/counts page. I.e. http://forums.example.com/dba/counts.

if a draft was saved on a discussion and then the discussion is deleted. the draft is deleted but the draft counter is not reset.

but it will be reset again properly if you save another draft and delete it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Would be nice to have a checkbox to select all drafts and delete them. Or a Purge drafts plugin....

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

Purge drafts plugin....

that would be easy to write (for you :), make it an option in the profile maybe foir a user to delete all their drafts.

I could probably write one up if someone doesn't beat me to it. Don't want to waste my time, only to have 9 delete draft plugins :) from 9 different plugin makers.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I will have to create more drafts to test this possibility.... I just deleted them

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

@Mike.XIII said:
    "Cancel" would be more accurately named "Clear" I think.

I also don't like how I have to go to the "My Drafts" page to delete something I already scraped because of the automatic save. I'd like a button on the comment box to delete my draft without having to navigate to different pages.

I, and many of my users, would love to see this feature as well. I don't have time to write code any more (see: Peter Principle), but could donate toward some of the dev time for a good developer to write this.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@AaronWebstey I will write this. You donate what you feel it is worth.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Thank you @hgtonight !! I certainly will, and hopefully some others will too - I feel like many will benefit from this.

Good lord, that was fast! I'll install tonight and donate.

Impressive. Thank you. I have another couple of questions (including how to pay :) ) that I'll add to a new thread on the plugin.