HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Forums Bukkit Cross

2»

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Don't know anything about Bukkit or user validation. I always thought that instead of using "bridges" you can use jsconnect. But if the problem is "simply" to create a user, here's some code:

$User = array(
       'Name' => 'Arthur Dent',
       'Email' => 'arthur.dent@earthling.com',
       'Password' => 'marvin42',
       'PasswordMatch' => 'marvin42',
       'Gender1' => 'm',
       'TermsOfService' => '1'); 

$UserID = Gdn::UserModel()->InsertForBasic(
       $User,
       FALSE,
       array(
          'ValidateEmail' => FALSE,
          'ValidateSpam' => FALSE,
          'NoConfirmEmail' => TRUE
       )
    );

But if the user changes username or password in one software, the change will have to be done by some plugin, too. So why not go with jsconnect in the first place?

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited June 2014

Here is a guide to using the jsConnect plugin by Vanilla: http://blog.vanillaforums.com/help/vanilla-jsconnect-single-signon-on/

There's a link on the guide for the Java jsConnect client library that one can probably use to integrate jsConnect into a Bukkit plugin.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• I want a plugin that allowes people to register for the forums in the game. On my server

• x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2014

@hgtonight said:
    Hey now, don't conflate the issues.

All I know is he wants to give users a /register email password command. Knowing that, the best solution would be POSTing the relevant data to https://forums.example.com/entry/register, no?

???

From my understanding he has access to the database, and you gave him Gdn_PasswordHash::HashPassword()

Yet for some reason he cannot use the user model methods....

Yet you are saying his only solution is to post to some end point.

Forgive me if I'm confused.

If he controls his server he can put middleware if necessary. I see no reason to reimplement registration functions.

If you are saying he can just post to normal registration, then the whole issue over hashing is irrelevant, which was my initial point.

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2014

@LaughingQuoll said:
    I want a plugin that allowes people to register for the forums in the game. On my server

As businessdad says there is no plugin fairy. It is dependent on giving it you best shot, or, paying someone to do it.

You may need two plugins depending on what you wish to do.

Security issue can be complex, especially when reinventing the wheel, so first check if it is necessary.

grep is your friend.