HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to get my code contributions in the Vanilla code

JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

I've filed a few issues on Vanilla's GitHub repos, but I've yet to receive any sort of feedback from anyone on the issues I've filed. I've commented on the code fix required in one issue. I can make a pull request if that's what's needed, but I don't want to waste my time doing so if it's just going to sit there untouched as well.

So what do I need to do to get these bug fixes in?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Hiya, community mod here (no affiliation with Vanilla Forums, Inc.).

First, I want to thank you for your contributions! Collaboration is a wonderful thing that is near and dear to my heart.

Second, if you are filing pull requests, you must sign the contributor's agreement here: http://vanillaforums.org/contributors

What seems to happen is this:

The devs keep an eye on the public issue tracker on GitHub. Anything more involved than a typo will have to be reviewed and tested internally before they accept it. Organizing the issues list and PRs is generally done on Fridays.

I hope this helps :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

Well, I've submitted the PR, I guess we'll see...