Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Importing Xenforo forum to Vanilla forum

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to import xenforo forum to vanilla forum. I have exported data using vanilla2export file and put it in /upload folder.
I have converted the forum to vanilla forum but now how do I import the image and attachment.
I have gone through all the available tutorial and documentation.
Can anyone please explain how to import images and attachment?
Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Hi, I haven't seen you around before!

It looks like Xenforo stores files on the server somewhere. You will need to copy those over to your vanilla installation into the /uploads folder. I would probably put them into a separate folder called 'legacy' or something.

Then you need to map the old attachment URLs to their new URLs. You can do this dynamically via a route expression, or permanently by running some update SQL on your db.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

You can export avatars in the same step if you append ?avatars=1&folder=/path/to/avatars to the vanilla2export.php URL before running it. @hgtonight's advice still applies to attachments. We haven't had a client request an attachment export from XenForo yet so that part isn't built in presently.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Hi, I haven't seen you around before!

It looks like Xenforo stores files on the server somewhere. You will need to copy those over to your vanilla installation into the /uploads folder. I would probably put them into a separate folder called 'legacy' or something.

Then you need to map the old attachment URLs to their new URLs. You can do this dynamically via a route expression, or permanently by running some update SQL on your db.
    @Linc said:
    You can export avatars in the same step if you append ?avatars=1&folder=/path/to/avatars to the vanilla2export.php URL before running it. hgtonight's advice still applies to attachments. We haven't had a client request an attachment export from XenForo yet so that part isn't built in presently.

Thanks for hgtonight and linc for your response regarding this issue.
    I’ll walk through what I am doing then correct me if I am making mistake
    For xenforo image attachment are in public_html/data/attachments/0/
    Other zip attachments are in publix_html/internal_data/ attachments/0/

I have copied all image attachment and put in vanilla installation/upload/images
    Then copies all zip attachment and put in vanilla installation/upload/others
    Enable file upload plugin before running the conversion.
    I have put the vanilla2export file into vanilla installation/upload.
    Now after running the conversion xenforo forum is converted into vanilla forum
    Now when I go and see the post image attachment looks like this
    [ATTACH]336.vB[/ATTACH]
    And zip attachment doesn’t show up at all.

How to map permanently by running some update SQL on your db?
    Can you please guide through this
    Also how to get the entire avatar too with more guidance.
    I’ll appreciate your assistance