Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Update from 2.0.18 to 2.1

Hey there,
I am hosting a forum at http://www.studfirst.in which is working on Vanilla 2.0.18 but i wanna update to 2.1 without loosing my data and users... it is possible?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

From the release discussion:

@Lincoln said:

Upgrade instructions

To upgrade from 2.0.18 (any patch level)

1. Test your 2.0 theme and plugins against 2.1 on a separate install somewhere safe. Your theme will almost undoubtedly need revisions. Please report issues you find in plugins.
    2. Backup your database and /conf/config.php file.
    3. Copy all 2.1 files over your 2.0 install
    4. Delete the files /themes/mobile/views/discussions/helper_functions.php AND /applications\dashboard\views\default.master.php (not default.master.tpl which should also be in that folder)
    5. Run /index.php?p=/utility/update to update the database. It may take a while. If it fails, run it again. It picks up where it left off if it doesn't complete due to a timeout.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Yes, 2.1 does not wipe any data. It is a compatible upgrade. Follow the instructions and you should have clear sailing.

• Thanks a lot both of you :D

• I'm facing an issue trying to update from 2.0.18.10b to 2.1 stable.

I followed all the instructions and when I run update script, it goes to setup script as if it doesn't recognize existing installation.

Any ideas?