HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

French Transifex have a lot of errors.

2»

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

ass is fine, I think what he had before it, was what made it crude :p

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

In the UK they use the word arse for ass which is a bit pompous but less vulgar than mon cul for sure...

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@vrijvlinder said:
    Only a french man would think that !!! no it means Laughing my ass off :)

I'm not all of french mans and a lot of it have not my (stange) mind, and they have ASS in. And I think Todd would not have this in Vanilla :)

Et en anglais je connais KMA qui est assez amusant. Les français ne pensent preqmsque pas qu'au Q.
    (Le fait que vous tentez de traduire ce que j'écris me fais rire)

@vrijvlinder said:
    In the UK they use the word arse for ass which is a bit pompous but less vulgar than mon cul for sure...

Je comprends pas trop... Arse=ass et arse est moins vulgaire que mon cul ?

@Adrian said:
    ass is fine, I think what he had before it, was what made it crude :p

Thanks for the Wiki link, it's always important to know that when you navigate on a lot of en forums, or blog.

edited August 2014

oui, en essayant d'obtenir les résultats de la traduction appropriés dans le texte drôle...

Non, je suis convaincu que Todd n'est pas un homme de cul, je veux dire qu'il ne s'opposerait pas à la parole cul Si elle est pertinente, car en anglais, même Canadien anglais, le mot n'est pas une insulte. Il peut être utilisé comme une insulte selon la façon dont il est utilisé.

There are only a few examples of where it would be pertinent to the content being translated. It is interesting nonetheless, that some translations are not or can't be direct translations because other places have different ways of saying the same thing. that is why I wondered what was the french translation if not a direct word for word translation.

Here is what I found http://french.about.com/library/writing/bl-texting.htm

• ass is a donkey. arse is an aris.

grep is your friend.

@vrijvlinder said:
    oui, en essayant d'obtenir les résultats de la traduction appropriés dans le texte drôle...

Non, je suis convaincu que Todd n'est pas un homme de cul, je veux dire qu'il ne s'opposerait pas à la parole cul Si elle est pertinente, car en anglais, même Canadien anglais, le mot n'est pas une insulte. Il peut être utilisé comme une insulte selon la façon dont il est utilisé.

There are only a few examples of where it would be pertinent to the content being translated. It is interesting nonetheless, that some translations are not or can't be direct translations because other places have different ways of saying the same thing. that is why I wondered what was the french translation if not a direct word for word translation.

Here is what I found http://french.about.com/library/writing/bl-texting.htm

Ds c K, s't'utilize 1 li1 /le lang. SMS, j'vé parlé en SMS, ac qqtrucs ki ne son pa ds la list.

(You need to speak french very good to translate this text)

Yes but it actually simplifies it. In spanish they use k instead of que also. It kind of irritates a bit because it is to be used in quick messages not in general posting. It looks like bad spelling. And makes people seem too lazy to write the whole thing. I suppose from time to time I have also been known to do it but I try to use proper language and spelling if I want to be taken seriously even just for myself.