HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Thefixboard needs your help

Comments

• hahahahah Jol :)

• How would peregrine teach thefixboard how to fix it..

• thefixboard is willing to learn

• edited October 2014

These encouragement badges are really good makes you feel like writing more .. Good stuff.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

@thefixboard said:
    These encouragement badges are really good makes you feel like writing more .. Good stuff.

when you quote someone don't change the wording in their quote :)

@thefixboard said:
    How would peregrine teach thefixboard how to fix it..

when you quote someone don't change the wording in their quote :)

and don't put your new words after a > and put two line breaks after quotes.

vs.

@thefixboard said:
    How would peregrine teach thefixb the worongway and don't put your new words after a > and put two line breaks after quotes.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Usage of YAGA you will enjoy we think

• @thefixboard said:

you've go a new badge as soon as you come back. :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Hey all 111 Views on this particular Topic. 111 is what started thefixboard. Anyways I have been reading up Quite a bit about the vanilla forum. I like your bit about world dominion .

Well I am still working on finding more things about the forum as this is what powers thefixbord.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@thefixboard said:
    Warning! This community-contributed addon has not been tested or code-reviewed. Use at your own risk.

I suppose thats normal

Well, we don't like it because it scares people into thinking the approved ones are foolproof lol

The community keeps on top of most of the add ons and support them to a certain extent.

Vanilla has a high coding standard and some plugins are not that perfect but it does not mean they are bad.

• Hi Guys,

I have been learning and tweaking thefixboard . I ran into a problem where two of thefixboard categories dont show the discussions. Name We learn and We Teach.

Would you have any thoughts on how this can be resolved.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Not sure what you mean.

Clicking on the categories as a guest takes you to the discussions page.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

possibly "the fixboard" set something incorrectly! ThePeregrine will try to help

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/215329/#Comment_215329

or

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/217426/#Comment_217426

or checked root headings.

or you incorrect permissions for the role for custom categories.

if the above doesn't work

see: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/213438/#Comment_213438

"They ask, We answer"

Put a descriptive title in your discussions, so they help others locate Title instead of just yourself.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23130/forum-post-ettikett-etiquette

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17954/food-for-thought-forum-etiquette/p1

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25115/how-to-how-can-a-new-user-better-help-the-community-when-asking-a-question

• Thefixboard thanks ThePeregrin for his input. I went back and disabled all modules and moved tested by moving we teach to a new group but the problem persisted. I then found noticed after a short prayer that I had set the category wrongly and walla all things back to normal.... We were able to connect learn fix and teach...

• @whu606 We connect and We fix category when clicked was showing discussions however We teach and we learn was not showing discussions . Thank you for your post and trying to help out. Like Tesco says every little helps.....God bless

From all this Yoda talk I cannot tell if the problem still persists or not... :\

• Mr RJ Thefixboard has no clue what yoda talk means so would be nice if you explain what you mean by that ... We learn

after a short prayer that I had set the category wrongly and walla all things back to normal.... We were able to connect learn fix and teach...

And Just for you Thefixboard was able to fix the problem FIXED ...

@thefixboard said:
    Mr RJ Thefixboard has no clue what yoda talk means so would be nice if you explain what you mean by that ... We learn

@thefixboard originally wrote:

after a short prayer that I had set the category wrongly and walla all things back to normal....

btw: I guess "walla" means "voilà"? My dictionary asked me if I meant "Allah!" which would be a funny fit here:

@thefixboard probably meant:

after a short prayer that I had set the category wrongly and - Allah! - all things back to normal....

• No Allah only Yahashua

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

So , we're good then .... my van's hood is stuck I tried the old tricks but nothing, after a short prayer... still nothing, must wait for a second human to help me push hood down while I pull on the release...

I just want to hug that cute yoda dog <3

@vrijvlinder said:
    I just want to hug that cute yoda dog <3

I must admit that until now I never saw any reason for having a breed like a pug, but now I know: they have been made for being dressed silly.

@thefixboard said:
    Yahashua

Bless you!