HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Community repository is now open source

Hello, world: https://github.com/vanilla/community

This open sources ALL the extra code running the community forum, including:

• Addons directory (previously open, but privately forked)
  • Our custom homepage
  • All "phone home" page code in Vanilla
  • Our current theme
  • The beginnings of our next theme

We are not granting a license to use our theme design. It is still copyrighted by Vanilla Forums, Inc. In other words, this is not a pass for creating clones of this site.

I am hereby requesting a security audit of the phone-home code & addons directory. Obviously we've reviewed it again before open sourcing, but I'm anxious to have it inspected again by its newly-enlarged audience.

I'll be writing a README & licenses shortly. My first priority was getting it public & renamed, which took quite a while. :)

Here we go!

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

That thing where I thought someone else had clicked the "Make Public" button but it was actually up to me to do.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I am so freaking stoked.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• That is awesome.

• Thanks all around. Nothing holds a candle to Vanilla and its community of dedicated developers and tweakers.

• FerrariSteveFerrariSteve Seattle
    edited December 2014

So. Much. Win.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Hey I'm looking at this repo here like, "there's no issues and no pull requests huh I guess everything is perfect". :D

Hat tip to @hgtonight‌ for the 2 PRs earlier in the month.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Tim has given me some code that may let me have it publicly viewable what the current HEAD of the community repo is on cloud, so you know when changes have been deployed. Hope to look into that over the holidays.

@hgtonight has started sketching out some issues & features to look at. Feel free to jump in there.

• What its phone home?