Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is the Lithe mobile theme available in the open source version?

I love the Lithe mobile theme just wondering if it's available as open source?

If not are there any that are similar? I love the footer menu and sliding side menu.

Answers

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

No, it was produced in-house specially for the cloud solution over the course of several months. It's actually quite complicated; it runs on 2 scaffold plugins in addition to the theme behind the scenes, and has higher baseline requirements than the rest of Vanilla. There's no open source equivalent or approximation to my knowledge.

• Options

I have implemented a few Ideas of lithe like the side menu, large pagers, and some of my own in my MinusBaseline theme:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/minusbaseline-theme

Afaik VBS 3 also has a sliding side menu
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vbs3-theme

If you are looking for screenshots, you'll be disappointed, vanilla is more about trying things out yourself.

• Options
    TownFishTownFish New
    edited December 2014

@Bleistivt‌ do you have a live working version on a link i can look at? Appreciate it's about creating things for yourself but that's the point of my question just want to see if there is a ready done theme I can use that will suit my forum rather than having to design one myself.

What I like about Lithe is the footer account menu allowing more options. I'm sure this is easy enough to implement if you paid someone to add it.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@TownFish said:
    Bleistivt‌ do you have a live working version on a link i can look at? Appreciate it's about creating things for yourself but that's the point of my question just want to see if there is a ready done theme I can use that will suit my forum rather than having to design one myself.

What I like about Lithe is the footer account menu allowing more options. I'm sure this is easy enough to implement if you paid someone to add it.

he may have a link, but conversely....

what is so difficult to try the theme or download any theme and test on your own forum

it takes all of 2 minutes to download a theme and a few minutes to test.

or create a test forum - download and test themes to your desire.

I'm sure your devs could create you a test forum :wink:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited December 2014

It's your lucky day, for some reason the screenshot I put on the theme page some time ago went missing, so I made new ones.

Emulated in Firefox 360x480:

Like the name suggests, it's basically the default theme with the main column at 100% and the panel hidden in a hamburger menu.

Sprites have been replaced by an icon font and clicking on the gear will open a browser native select menu.

Mobile interfaces are really about how they feel though, so you should test it out on a smartphone.

Readymade? I don't know, you could use it as is, if you like the +Baseline default theme look. But it's intended to be a template, which is why I added a comment about what every line of CSS is doing.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Bleistivt said:

...which is why I added a comment about what every line of CSS is doing.

As someone who hates theming, thank you!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.