Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

jsconnect,jssautoconnect and sso

I have read and used the sso for embedded vanilla. The question is do I still need to generate the vanilla_sso and add to the embed code or the jsautoconnect eliminates the need for that?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The embed code is for inserting your forum inside another website.

SSO is for connecting your main site's accounts with Vanilla.

They can be done together or separately.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2015

@beta said:
    I have read and used the sso for embedded vanilla. The question is do I still need to generate the vanilla_sso and add to the embed code or the jsautoconnect eliminates the need for that?

The vanilla_sso token is required for seamless login (no-click) on an embedded forum. The AutoConnect config setting is also required to automatically connect users with existing forum accounts (matching on email).

• thanks.