Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Roles & Permissions are not saved

2»

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for finding this. I will see if I can reproduce and fix it :D.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @Dr_Sommer said:
    Wohooww... this was better than Chess or interacting with Sheldon from TBBT... :D:D:D

Found it... tried everything what Peregrine suggested, but no luck...

After Hours investigating with 3 ( Don't Ask... ;)) ) Installations, i finally found it... and as always, I could save myself preeeety much work by just doing the things as proposed from you or the Documentation... ;)

SO what was it? IT WAS THE "Discussion Polls" PLUGIN!!
    If You install and Activate it but don't activate it for Registered Users (in Rolls & Permissions), the Reg. Users get the Error above!!!!

I'll post this error in the Plugin Section... ;)

ThX again for all your Help.. ;)=

Cheers,

Dr. Sunshine.. ;)

I installed this plugin last night (not having read about this problem beforehand) and now I'm having the same problem with my roles. any advice on the easiest fix? ive disabled the plugin. it should probably be removed from the vanilla addons library since its causing such a big problem.

• solved using the above method - roles seem back to normal now.

• RajioRajio
    edited March 2015

@peregrine sagde:
    Dr_Sommer - unless someone has better advice.

backup first.

If all else fails.

try this - set up a new forum 2.1b2 locally or somewhere. and verify you can add discussions etc as a member.

export the permissions table from the newly created test 2.1b2 and then import it into your forum.

• delete ini files in cache (may not be necessary, but can't hurt)
    • run /utility/update (may not be necessary, but can't hurt)

then finetune permissions.

and next time you upgrade to a new version - don't use porter, instead use instructions for upgrading in the vanilla docs.

Hey guys, I realize how rookie this sounds. I've got to far as installing a dummy vanilla installation and verified that member permissions are working fine on it. I now want to export the permissions from this test installation to import in to my new forum as prescribed above.

Am I looking to simply go in to phpMyAdmin, go to GDN_Role in the temporary DB, export that table, then go in to my real forum's DB and import the table i just exported in to it? Just looking for confirmation here.

Yes I'll of course download a backup of my live forum's DB before importing :) I'm not THAT much of a rookie!

• Fixed. The above was correct except I was looking for GDN_Permissions.