Vanilla 2.1.10 released - critical security update
If you have difficulty upgrading, please start a new discussion for assistance.
This release addresses two security issues and a few other bugs.
Download it now: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core-2.1.10
- Backup your database, .htaccess and conf/config.php file somewhere safe.
- Upload the new release's files so they overwrite the old ones.
- Go to yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update to force any updates needed.
- If it fails, try it a second time by refreshing the page. More troubleshooting tips.
To upgrade to 2.1.10 directly from 2.0.x, add these steps:
- Delete the file /themes/mobile/views/discussions/helper_functions.php
- Delete the file /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php (note the PHP extension, not TPL)
Security Patches in 2.1.10
- Fixes a SSRF (server-side request forgery) vulnerability. Hat tip to Neal Poole (Facebook Security) for disclosing this issue.
Other changes in 2.1.10
- Removed unused WordPress functions.
- Removed unused method
We recommend against doing partial upgrades. Never modify core files; put your changes in a plugin or theme. Troubleshooting tips.
This is potentially the final release of the 2.1 branch.