Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error With This Addon

edited May 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

i am using vanilla version 2.1. This addon does not allow me to delete discussions.

it also doesn't allow the quote plugin to work. How do i correct this?

thanks in earnest.

cc @vrijvlinder @whu606 @peregrine @Linc @R_J

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I do not use this add-on ... It is an "Approved" add-on so it should work on the Vanilla Version it was approved for. Considering the last update was 2011 , it might as well be 1869 ...

Just do not use it...

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There's no need to add the name of some of the active users under your posts. They will see your discussion anyway.

If you are searching for help for a special plugin, you should look at the discussions that are connected to that plugin. The answer you need is already there, I guess. I haven't tested that (doing so and giving feedback is up to you) but based on experience, I'd say peregrine offered a working solution here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23893/seocompanion-if-you-use-this-plugin-on-vanilla-2-1#latest

• thanks @R_J. sorry for the mention. just that i respect you guys a lot. @vrijvlinder i would have left it had it been there is any other SEO plugin for vanilla. Vanilla SEO doesn't work really well.

Thanks all the same.

And i tried the solution by @peregrine and it still does not work.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I'm not 100% sure what you expect from the plugin and what it doesn't do, but with the code from peregrine it is adding some meta tags.

It also adds some meta tags if you only change public function Base_Render_Before(&$Sender) to public function Base_Render_Before($Sender) which is what I would expect.

I've seen that you haven't called @hgtonight - I hope that is no sign of disrespect! ;)

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@alishachris

What makes you think Vanilla SEO doesn't work well?

• it actually works great @whu606 thanks

@R_J not at all. lol.