If you have difficulty upgrading, please start a new discussion for assistance.
This release addresses 1 security issue and 2 other issues.
Download it now: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core-2.1.11
- Backup your database, .htaccess and conf/config.php file somewhere safe.
- Upload the new release's files so they overwrite the old ones.
- Go to yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update to force any updates needed.
- If it fails, try it a second time by refreshing the page. More troubleshooting tips.
To upgrade to 2.1.10 directly from 2.0.x, add these steps:
- Delete the file /themes/mobile/views/discussions/helper_functions.php
- Delete the file /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php (note the PHP extension, not TPL)
Security Patches in 2.1.11
- Upgraded Htmlawed to 1.1.20 to close an XSS vector. Big thanks to Mohammed Fayez for responsibly disclosing this vulnerability via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other changes in 2.1.11
- Restored event
- Fixed bug in the Facebook SSO addon.
We recommend against doing partial upgrades. Never modify core files; put your changes in a plugin or theme. Troubleshooting tips.
This is potentially the final release of the 2.1 branch.