HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Making mentionslookup work with mentions+

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Just an FYI of what I did to get usernames with spaces working in mentionslookup.

1. Install/configure mentions+ as per that plugin's instructions
  2. in mentionslookup::query.js, in a few places where I saw that the mention was getting inserted, I changed

'@'+mention+' '

to

'@"'+mention+'" '

This of course assumes you're using double-quotes as your mentions+ delimiter; you would have to change it based on how you set up mentions+. Hacky, but works (seems to be my motto around here - I just barely have time to put out fires, let alone work on plugins :( ).

I think in my version of mentions+ (0.12), I did this or something like it on lines 386 (inputCaretInsertMention) and 402 (frameCaretInsertMention). There may be other places I should be editing, but it seems to work so far.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for posting your mod to make these plugins work together!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

As a side note, having all mentions enclosed by quotes is kind of rough. It looks like you're saying everyone's name sarcastically. Like Oh hello, @hgtonight, if that is your real name! :)

I'll probably change it to curly braces or something else. Just an FYI.

• @AaronWebstey, this doesn't seem to be working for me. Can you copy your js file here for me?

I'm not sure if posting an entire plugin file is kosher or not; I seem to remember having a discussion with @peregrine about the proper etiquette here but can't remember. Can anyone instruct me here?

I suppose there's nothing stopping anyone from viewing this on the web:

http://trstriathlon.com/TRSForum/plugins/MentionsLookup/js/query.js?v=0.1.6b

• Hi @AaronWebstey I tryed to get the .js file, but it show's the entire forum website, is there any other way of having it?

Thanks!!!

• @fer this functionality is now in the core.

grep is your friend.

FYI my forum moved from the old URL to triroost.com, which is why the link didn't work. :)

• are you using the core functionality or your custom js?

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.