If you have difficulty upgrading, please start a new discussion for assistance.
This release addresses multiple security issues issues and should be applied immediately to all forums running the 2.1 release branch.
Download it now: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanilla-core-2.1.12p3
- Backup your database, .htaccess and conf/config.php file somewhere safe.
- Upload the new release's files so they overwrite the old ones.
- Go to yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update to force any updates needed.
- If it fails, try it a second time by refreshing the page. More troubleshooting tips.
To upgrade to 2.1.12 directly from 2.0.x, add these steps:
- Delete the file /themes/mobile/views/discussions/helper_functions.php
- Delete the file /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php (note the PHP extension, not TPL)
Security Patches in 2.1.12
- Fix issue where someone other than the original author could delete an activity comment.
- Tighten security around the database update mechanism.
- Close 3 CSRF vectors.
- Close 2 potential XSS vectors.
- Improve SSO security.
Our sincere thanks to @mtschirs and @Bleistivt for privately reporting security issues via email@example.com that allowed us to create these patches.
We recommend against doing partial upgrades. Never modify core files; put your changes in a plugin or theme. Troubleshooting tips.
The 2.1 branch is in maintenance mode which means it is only receiving security patches until the release of 2.2.