HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Addon directory improvements

LincLinc Detroit Admin

Happy holidays.

• Coding standards brought up to date.
  • Removed deprecated code.
  • Fixed notices and warnings.
  • Simplified filtering.
  • Removed "Approved" feature.
  • De-list addons that predate automated integrity checking (last updated prior to 2010).

Not yet deployed.

Comments

• Thanks Linc =)

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Now deployed!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    • Removed addons from directory that are now in core.
    • Added "Official" marker that also changes author to "Vanilla Staff".
    • Marked all the official plugins & locales in the directory.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    • Updated a dozen official Vanilla plugins.
    • Added a handful of plugins missing from the directory (from addons repo).
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That is great ! I like the image for those who have no icon for their plugin ... ;)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

And cheers to @Shadowdare for a permission fix and @hgtonight for commenting on a pull request. :)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Newly released in version 1.5 (just deployed):

• License field is now required & displayed on Addon page.
    • Uploading an addon automatically grabs its icon.png to use in directory.
    • Descriptions now allow Markdown.
    • Related discussion message now appears on all pages of discussion.
    • Delete option per version & addon delete now confirms & look better.
    • Separate release & prerelease sections.
    • Link to detailed version data page for admins.
    • 'dev' & 'rc' are now recognized prerelease designations.
    • More inline docs and code cleanup.
  • hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Huge thanks for all the work going into this. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Pretty chuffed to have an addon directory that doesn't feel like it's limping along anymore. :chuffed:

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2016

PS I finally licked that bug that caused new uploads to error out sometimes. There's a bit of weirdness where invoking the saveAs() on an upload causes it to disappear to the CDN because of CloudFiles, so any analysis / extraction needs to be done before that step. It's a really insidious problem to watch out for if you ever do work on the directory because it's basically impossible to detect on localhost.

edited January 2016

There seems to be still an error, "The addon key Galleries is already taken."

I tried to upload a new version...tried twice because the first time I thought maybe I had made an error...

edited January 2016

@Linc I tried uploading new versions of addons and keep getting the same error , They key is already in use. Something is not recognizing the version change or it is sending me to upload a new addon. I won't be able to update my addons until this is sorted out.. :(

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited January 2016

@vrijvlinder I found the issue and submitted a pull request with a fix.

Nice find.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Merged & deployed.

Hi, @Linc forgive me, but I am the bearer of bad news again... When someone updates their addon via new version upload, the additional info saved is erased and one has to write it up again. It erases our notes on the history of the plugin, what versions and what changed... :(

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I think this should work: https://github.com/vanilla/community/pull/88

FWIW, I think keeping that info in a README in the plugin would work too - theoretically it should automatically parse into the addon description here.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Deployed.

I think keeping that info in a README in the plugin would work too

Yes, I also think that if the text in the readme could be pulled that would also be good.

Just that it makes it convenient to add the info into the additional info as it comes up on the plugin page...

Some plugins I changed them enough that the info was not relevant anymore so it did not matter. But others had some valuable info that was not in the readme since it was added afterwards.

I noticed that when one wants to delete a screenshot, the message says "Are you sure you want to delete this version of the addon ?" I was afraid to do so but tried instead with an older version, the image screenshot was deleted successfully and the version of the addon remained. Which points to the wrong message in the delete screenshot popup.