HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

translation of Vanilla to Ukrainian language

kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

Hello community!

I have some time working on the translation of Vanilla to Ukrainian language. For almost finished. But there are some nuances, which I need your help.
What I have in mind:

It seems to be all right, but if used as such translation $Definition['Unconfirmed Role Description'] = ' example translation'; or so $Definition['Users must confirm their emails before becoming full members. They get assigned to this role.'] = ' example translation'; nothing is translated.

In some cases, i simply changed part of the code and everything worked:
were
h2Using WordPress?/h2
modified
h2<?php echo t('Using WordPress?'); ?>/h2
were
echo wrap("Use the WordPress plugin to embed your forum into a page on your blog, or use the universal code to embed your forum into any page on the web.", 'p');
modified
echo wrap (t("Use the WordPress plugin to embed your forum into a page on your blog, or use the universal code to embed your forum into any page on the web.", 'p'));

For me it is fundamentally to do a full translation of Vanilla, would appreciate advice.
Cheers

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

@hgtonight
    Where are you putting the definition?

I insert a definition in the dashboard.php or global.php (site_core.php) but the result is always the same - nothing is translated.

• Options

@hgtonight написал:
    You can test out definitions by adding them to /conf/locale.php. Once you get everything the way you like, you package them in the locales folder.

@hgtonight
    maybe I did not understand anything, but in folder /conf/ no file locale.php :o

doc.png 11.3K
  • Options

@whu606 написал:
    @kopna

You can create a conf/locale.php

all you need in /conf/locale.php

is

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    //then add any defintions you want.

I tried, but nothing has changed. Here, for example
    <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    // Створені категорії.
    $Definition['General Forum'] = 'Загальний Форум';
    $Definition['News Forum'] = 'Новини Форума';
    forumgarag.com/index.php?p=/ This is a test forum

• Options

Sorry, but tried to do so:
    class.categorymodel.php
    /**

*/

protected static function calculateData(&$Data) {

foreach ($Data as &$Category) {
    $Category['Name']= T($Category['Name']);
    but now when you try to change the language, such as English, translation remains unchanged

• Options

OK guys, I decided this question, in particular the translation of the names of the categories and subcategories.
    For example:
    $Definition['Humor'] = 'Гумор'; is located in the global.php
    but it took the place of translation in reverse order locale.php
    $Definition['Гумор'] = 'Humor';
    $Definition['Technical issues'] = 'Технічні питання'; translation is in the file global.php but It is not in locale.php, and it works?

With the permission of a moderator, i would like to continue to keep the questions concerning translation.
    Cheers