HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there an official chat room for vanilla? When I search I am only finding discussions on plugins

Question in subject. Thanks

Comments

• Nope.

Are you asking for a help chat room, or some chat room to install on your site?

Chat rooms basically detract from the point of a having a forum. Do one or the other.

The point of forums is the content is indexed on the web. Yes you can collect chat log for indexing, but it not were near as good.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I tried having a Vanilla chat room on IRC a few years back and I couldn't get anyone to hang out in it with me so I gave up. :anguished: I'd recommend just using this forum for questions.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2016

@Linc said:
    I tried having a Vanilla chat room on IRC a few years back and I couldn't get anyone to hang out in it with me so I gave up. :anguished: I'd recommend just using this forum for questions.

We, your family never knew of this chat room or we would have been there for sure... we would run to chat with you !!

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Linc said:

I love lurking in IRC chat rooms.

I don't think IRC is too common anymore though.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.