Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Jump to last read comment

2»

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Yeah, I have no idea.

@rbrahmson the community needs your voice and help :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

To the extent I can (not so sure) and don't step on anyone toes, I am willing to jump in when I have some time (all got to do with work load fluctuations)

• Wow. Didn't mean to stump ya @hgtonight :p I have no ideas either except the fact that the #latest will not work because there is already a # in the URL forcing it to get stripped is all I can think.

@rbrahmson - If you wanna take a gander at it, let me know.

@Zarcon said:
    Wow. Didn't mean to stump ya @hgtonight :p I have no ideas either except the fact that the #latest will not work because there is already a # in the URL forcing it to get stripped is all I can think.

It happens. :)

I don't like working with embedded forums, so my usual inquisitiveness quickly runs out.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

I didn't think @hgtonight was offended (I certainly hope he wasn't), I took his comment literally as an invitation to help you. I do think you are right about the # - the browser takes it as a request to jump to an anchor that does not exist and so leaves the page at the top. You can manually try and add # signs in various urls and see how that has the same effect.

So your solution is to get rid of the first disrupting # sign.

• I have tried a couple of things like manually getting rid of the # in the URL and adding #latest to the end, http://www.mywebsite.com/page/NewPage/discussion/3/new-forum-testing#latest but this give me an error saying 'Page Not Found'.

Add the # back after the NewPage and all is fine except the #latest is now gone.. Scratching my head here so I am reaching out to ask the developers of the software that runs my site for help as well.

I have never tried to embed Vanilla in another site so I don't know whether the # comes from the embedding process or something else you did. I can't think of anything else...

The hash in the url is passed to Vanilla as the path variable. You will not be able to remove the first hash and still have embedded Vanilla working.

Search first

• After discussion with the developers for my software, it was determined that it was impossible to make this feature work while embedded.. unfortunately :(

So instead, I just made the link from my site go directly to where Vanilla was installed and themed it the best I could for now along with a menu link to take them back to the 'Main Site'. I want to thank both @hgtonight and @rbrahmson for their help and troubleshooting. It's a shame we can't get this to work but oh well..

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Zarcon

tbh, that is probably the best solution. Whilst 'embedded' is provided as an option, it isn't really recommended.