Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

DraftSweeper - 'Settings' view doesn't work, how can I pay the developer?

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Not sure if it's my theme, or what, but when I click 'settings' I get redirected to dashboard. I can see in the code that you have a PayPal link, but it looks like it's a posted form and not just a link I can copy/paste into my browser.

Such a handy thing. Thank you. Donation to come as soon as I know how :)

Comments

• subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA
    edited April 2016

You can send your donation via PayPal to Zachary Doll ([redacted]) a.k.a. @hgtonight. :)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The settings view doesn't work...

Whoops: https://vanillaforums.org/addon/draftsweeper-plugin

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Not a good idea to publish someone's email like that.

grep is your friend.

@x00 said:
    Not a good idea to publish someone's email like that.

I didn't even notice that...

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

@hgtonight said:
    The settings view doesn't work...

Whoops: https://vanillaforums.org/addon/draftsweeper-plugin

@hgtonight said:

@x00 said:
    Not a good idea to publish someone's email like that.

I didn't even notice that...

My bad, sorry. It would be nice if this site had email obstruction capabilities and/or allow authors to have a "PayPal" button in their profile, next to their username in posts, and/or signature.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@subdreamer wrote:

allow authors to have a "PayPal" button in their profile, next to their username in posts, and/or signature.

@Linc - I think that is a good idea to allow plugin/theme authors have a "PayPal" button in their profile as well as the plugin upload/update forms.

@subdreamer said:

My bad, sorry.

It is ok, I publish under my real name, so I don't really need the obfuscation.

@rbrahmson said:

I think that is a good idea to allow plugin/theme authors have a "PayPal" button in their profile as well as the plugin upload/update forms.

I am not sure that is a great idea. Anyone that wants donations already has a link in the settings page/readme. They can even put it in the addon description.

PayPal doesn't support every country, and they take a lot out of donations via their fees as well.

Search first

@hgtonight said:

I am not sure that is a great idea. Anyone that wants donations already has a link in the settings page/readme. They can even put it in the addon description.

Yes, true, but then you will have questions posted like the one the OP wrote. just a thought.

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

To be fair, it was a pretty stupid question - do I have Yaga installed? Was it written by @hgtonight maybe? Uhhh, yeah!

:)

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

@hgtonight said:

PayPal doesn't support every country, and they take a lot out of donations via their fees as well.

The point is less about paypal itself and more about the extra "Donations/Payment" field where the author can specify which method (paypal or others) can be used for donation. Perhaps the field should be a link to the author's payment page where the author can specify the various payment methods.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If a plugin author likes to have money, it is perfectly okay to put that in the settings (or directly in the description which I would do). Think of someone downloading Vanilla, browsing he plugins, downloading one of them and using it.
    He might never take a closer look on the authors name and for sure he will never look at the forum if there is a somewhere a link to paypal or something like that.
    I think it is better to tightly join the payment option to the software and not to somewhere else