Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Migrate to Vanilla from Elkarte [RESOLVED]

dcoltondcolton New
edited May 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello....

I was told that this community should be able to help me migrate from Elkarte to Vanilla. I have no idea where to start. I tried the Vanilla Porter...but of course, Elkart is not included.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

To get this to work maybe you can provide @Linc with a database dump to see if he can add this functionality to the the Vanilla Porter Plugin. The plugin which is used to port other forum data into Vanilla sql framework.

I know that Elkarte offers an Import tool from typical forum software like the same kind that people have and want to come to Vanilla. They list all of the typical ones so it is entirely possible to add Elkarte to the Vanilla Porter to make it easy.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Since Elkarte is "just" a SMF fork, I wouldn't expect that they made big changes to the db structure. I do not know the interface of the Vanilla Porter, but have you already tried treating your forum like a SMF forum?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2016

Unfortunately, I can no longer do ad hoc migration packages, I just don't have time. If there's a strategic package we should be supporting (i.e. has a substantial install base and/or is EOL'd) I can possibly get a developer to work on it. I'd request those as issues on the Porter repo. As vrij says, it'd require a DB dump.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited May 2016

Public Service Announcement

@dcolton Feel free to open up a new thread for other issues you may have.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I've deleted the majority of comments as not helpful for future reference.

This discussion has been closed.