Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Clarification on what I can import from vBulletin

Using vBulletin 3.x

Found this in the Porter script:
$supported['vbulletin']['features'] = array( 'Comments' => 1, 'Discussions' => 1, 'Users' => 1, 'Categories' => 1, 'Roles' => 1, 'Avatars' => 1, 'Attachments' => 1, 'PrivateMessages' => 1, 'Permissions' => 1, 'UserWall' => 1, 'UserNotes' => 1, 'Bookmarks' => 1, 'Passwords' => 1, 'Signatures' => 1, 'Ranks' => 1, 'Polls' => 1, );

Are these all for the hosted product, or the community as well? Specifically: ranks and polls? I see ranks next to user names in the test import, but there's no way to control them, so maybe they're just imported as uneditable titles? Polls are up and gone. I see the one plugin for adding polls to the community product, but no import.

Additionally, has anyone ever imported tags?

Additionally additionally, is there anything like thread prefixes for Vanilla (and then figuring out how to import those)? I was considering trying to convert these to tags, if I could get those to import, but prefixes are great for thread displays.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Ah, yeah, Ranks & Polls mean for the cloud version, sorry. The Porter will bring along the data if you create the required tables first, but there's no way to use them without further converting them to work with whatever open source version of those features you choose.

I don't think we've ever imported tags from vBulletin, but I don't think it'd be much work for someone to add it to the Porter.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I haven't had the chance to look at a Rank or Poll porter file.

I would like to add the capability to go from Porter Rank to Yaga Rank and Porter Poll to Discussion Poll.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@Linc thanks for the clarification.

@hgtonight it'd be nice to have ranks carry over, but we don't have a ton, so I don't mind re-doing that a bit.

Losing polls and tags would be a decent size data loss. Might try and figure those out before my final import, but don't have much time left. Polls can be backed up/archived; but tags... those seem huge. Prefixes are similar for us. Still trying to figure out my way around Vanilla and what the best options are for what I want to do (I know it's doable, it's just picking what's best).

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@dmsinger If you can get me a copy of the porter file containing the polls, I will see what I can do for the discussion polls plugin. Feel free to PM me.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight I was using an export of my db for the porter, but it's over 5gb :)