Vanilla 2.3 release candidates (now: RC2)
This is not the final 2.3 release. "Release candidate" is a final testing phase before it is considered production approved. Read about new features in the 2.3 beta discussion. It is possible this will be the final step before the final release of 2.3.
Download 2.3 rc1.
Download 2.3 rc2.
Report issues on GitHub by specifying that you are using the 2.3rc1 release or start a new discussion under the "Vanilla 2.3. Help" category.
Changes since beta:
- Fix a security issue in Tagging (via @River).
- Upgrade htmLawed to v2.1.22 (security fix).
- Fix an issue with category depth during setup & category updating.
- Fix default height & width of image uploads. (by DataTables)
- Update Facebook API to use versioned endpoint.
- Profile Extender: Improve Unicode character support & fix offset error.
- Add BeforeCheckPreference event to ActivityModel. (by @R_J)
- Updated README.
- Default Garden.RewriteUrls to true (IMPORTANT: ability to NOT use rewrite is being removed in 2.4).
- Fix MySQL version get.
- Improve permission checks and messaging during initial forum setup.
- Add an upgrade warning for PHP and MySQL to all settings pages.
Changes since rc1:
- Fix data coercion error when managing categories.
- Fix issue with
- Fire "CategoryWatch" as an event of CategoryModel.
- Fix issues with index photos on mobile table layout.
- Let messages accept a "Subject" parameter via URL & validate any username passed.
- Add $Comment to EventArguments on DeleteComment.
- Hide "Dismiss" option from guests.
- Don't add NewDiscussionModule to postController (it didn't show anyway).
- Correct field length of GDN_Tag.FullName.
- Don't show Google+ login when not configured.
- Prevent erroneous rendering when OpenID URL is invalid.
- Fix conversations permission check when adding button.
- Fix typo in style.css.
- Fix signin popup displaying scrollbar when not needed.
Last call for issues and pull requests.