Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Dashboard stats have suddenly stopped showing up

2»

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I don't want to be a moderator, I turned it down when I was asked to be one remember? That was over 3 years ago... People that I help or that need help are the ones that put weight on me and I must reiterate that I do not work for the company nor have any clout or special power to make things happen. It's beyond my control. You told me to post issues at github and I did. More than that, I can't do. I was apologizing for that.

People here mistake me for a man all the time... only you and the regulars know I am not a man. Gay or not.
    What are you going to say to people after they continually ask you when this will be fixed ? Be patient.

Your assets, meant in terms of income generation is the paid hosting and forum management of big communities from what I gather. And dealing with that is priority over people not having statistics working on forums they may have just started or that they have much traffic but had only noticed. Since they don't pay for having it running 100% , they must either fix it themselves if they can, or wait until it's fixed by the developers for the core. It is not meant to be taken as Open source is not as important. But that it will be fixed based on priorities. As many core plugins have taken years to be fixed... and continually asking me when it will be fixed , is like watching paint dry because I simply have no control over that.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Perhaps we are talking past each other. The tone of your previous comment was not nearly as :neutral: as all that.

• Is not just the URL.

It now works but only half. I did enable the plugin again after reading this but I only get two columns with Popular Discussions at left and Active Users at right. Graphics on page views, Users, Discussions, Comments are gone (zero).

In both day and month tabs.

I'm in a critical beta period with my forums and need those graphics back asap.

Un grand merci (huge thanks) to Papillon Sauvage (vrijvlinder) for having pushed the rock =)

• I can report the same situation as Judy on my own forum

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Make sure you delete all the .ini files in the cache whenever you modify plugins/themes or upload new versions. Try that and report back.

• jamesincjamesinc Sydney ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I tried the above steps and still experience the originally reported problem. I can see that the redirect is now working, however my dashboard reports other 404 errors for (on the analytics domain, https://analytics.vanillaforums.com/):

/applications/vanillastats/js/raphael.js
    /applications/vanillastats/js/graph.js

If I intercept the code in loader.js where these scripts are loaded**, and rewrite the paths from vanillastats/ to vanillastatsapp/, the problem goes away and the graphs return.

**by script eval, I might add, which I think is a far from ideal way to be doing things - the 404 page on the analytics domain gets attempted eval by jQuery which leads to console errors, for one.

• @jamesinc, is it fixed now?

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

How about now?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• jamesincjamesinc Sydney ✭✭

@Tim it's working now! Thanks

• edited February 2017

@Tim I confirm graphs are back. TY! =)