Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Security update releases file list (2.5.1)

Hello Vanilla
Self-Hosting
core-2.5 installed (no addons (plugins)), 2 users, non production.
cedartree.gq/ezy/

Does every file in the 2.5.1 security release have to be uploaded (overwrote)? Or is there a list of files that can be uploaded to satisfy security fix?

I'm using a free hosting service to self-host, and with most free services there are restrictions. In this case file size limits, and zip file upload/extraction features disabled. FTP the complete release is very time consuming, though obtainable. I would think the time factor leaves me no recourse "deny from all" during this process. If there was a short security update file list, upgrading would be simpler for restricted users.

I know open.vanilla is a community project with little to no funding. My thanks is not enough gratuity, for the amazing job being done. Contributing has eluded me so far. I have managed to get it up and running on the free services. Some vanilla .htaccess config changes, nothing really to contribute so far.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018

Thank you for that. much easier!

16 files overwrote. neglected htaccess, created tests/Models/CommentModelTest.php (what this is for is still a mystery. returns 500 error. deleting it). Did "not" delete all files in /cache. navigated to **/utility/update. Returned successful!

So I figured the current installed version would have been on dashboard home. Not! searching forum for installed version information url.

It was on dashboard, bottom right Version 2.5.1 in small font. Successfully updated!

• Options
    websferewebsfere Los Angeles, CA New

@Linc very helpful links. Thank you.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@timeout_teddy said:
    created tests/Models/CommentModelTest.php (what this is for is still a mystery. returns 500 error. deleting it).

My apologies for the confusion. Everything in tests/* should not be added to a production site. That directory is omitted when I build the official version for distribution, but of course we are adding tests all the time so they may appear in the diffs.