Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Unable to register after installing forum

edited January 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Unable to register after installing forum

When I installed it, my forum could not be registered. After clicking the registration button, I will wait until it times out.

I tested 2.61, 2.63, 2.64. They can't register.

I have turned off the strict mode of MySQL.

I am using MySQL 5.7, PHP 7.2, Ubuntu 18.04.

I tried to enable Debug in the configuration file, but I didn't have any error when I registered.

This is my nginx error log:

2019/01/01 02:43:18 [error] 637#637: *2486 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.xx.xxx.xxx, server: xxx.com, request: "POST /index.php?p=/entry/register HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.2-fpm.sock", host: "xxx.com", referrer: "https://xxx.com/index.php?p=/entry/register&Target=discussions"

Comments

• Options

When I return to the control panel, I find that the registered account is displayed in the user list, but he only displays the timeout when registering.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

That nginx error log just says PHP is timing out.

Anything in the PHP error log?

I suggest making sure email is sending correctly. That's one of the few external dependencies when registering.