Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to register after installing forum

edited January 2019 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Unable to register after installing forum

When I installed it, my forum could not be registered. After clicking the registration button, I will wait until it times out.

I tested 2.61, 2.63, 2.64. They can't register.

I have turned off the strict mode of MySQL.

I am using MySQL 5.7, PHP 7.2, Ubuntu 18.04.

I tried to enable Debug in the configuration file, but I didn't have any error when I registered.

This is my nginx error log:

2019/01/01 02:43:18 [error] 637#637: *2486 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.xx.xxx.xxx, server: xxx.com, request: "POST /index.php?p=/entry/register HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.2-fpm.sock", host: "xxx.com", referrer: "https://xxx.com/index.php?p=/entry/register&Target=discussions"

Comments

• When I return to the control panel, I find that the registered account is displayed in the user list, but he only displays the timeout when registering.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

That nginx error log just says PHP is timing out.

Anything in the PHP error log?

I suggest making sure email is sending correctly. That's one of the few external dependencies when registering.