HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

More changes in Vanilla 2.8 (coming Feb 6) [update: delayed]

2»

Comments

• Is the new version available now? Really wanna try it.

• I was waiting to lol

• Same question here, but I suppose it will be downloadable in a few hours 🙂

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It's currently being released to cloud. Last I heard, we're still releasing the open source package today as well.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2019

Sorry folks, we're going to wait until tomorrow morning (Eastern Time office hours). While deploying to cloud, we discovered there is a dependency in Keystone that is going to cause a fatal error for most open source users when they enable it. We're going to patch it fast, but it's late in the day here and we won't have time to finish all our release steps after that.

In related news, we're going to be hiring a QA engineer soon. 🧐

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Vanilla baby suddenly realises there has been a delay...

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Yes, we found a second blocker this morning wherein the new Rich Editor can take over mobile posting if you've never explicitly set it (without it actually being enabled). This was the result of us changing the defaults for new sites.

However, all patches are in and we're doing final QA now.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2019

QA exposed an installation bug on Apache that we're still wrestling with. (We don't use Apache internally so this is a thing we hit from time to time.) We are still working on it at this time. It may be tonight or tomorrow.

Still beats a broken release. :) Thanks for your continued patience.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

The Apache bug we discovered causes a 404 when you navigate away from the Dashboard to the main site for the first time after a successful installation.

After much testing and investigation, we've realized it is specific to Windows, and already exists in the current 2.6.4 version. We just did better QA this time around and caught it, and assumed it was new.

We've decided to unblock the release and resolve it for next time because we suspect it will take a decent amount of time to unwind and address. Apologies to our Windows users. We're confident there is a workaround, it's just a not-nice initial experience.