Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Could not find file 'custom_default.css' in folder ''." in Vanilla 2.8

JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

I've upgraded to Vanilla 2.8 and I have debugging on locally. I see the notice:

Info Could not find file 'custom_default.css' in folder ''.

Searching the code, the only reference I found to this file was in it itself:

themes/keystone/design/custom_default.css:/*# sourceMappingURL=custom_default.css.map */

I do have a custom theme - I'm wondering if there is something I should be doing/fixing here?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Vanilla expects your custom CSS file for a theme to be named custom.css. Similar to the dispatcher notice, this one is to help identify any breaks caused by our updated asset handling.

If your theme still works, I think you're fine. Changing the filename to custom.css would make the notice go away.

I'll also ping @charrondev in case he has further advice.

• JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

My file is named custom.css already, but is under a design folder. You can see my theme at https://github.com/JasonBarnabe/greasyfork/tree/master/misc/vanilla-theme

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Oh I see, I misunderstood. Looks like that's 100% on us, then. Safe to ignore it for now.

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff
    edited February 2019

My guess would be you enabled keystone, which set some theme option and after disabling keystone we didn’t properly cleanup that config setting, leaving behind this cleanup.

I’d recommend searching your config and removing any theme option related items. I’m on vacation at the moment and will look into it further when I return.

I have not enabled keystone.

I'm not sure what items I would be looking for in the config.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

When you've tested a theme that comes with theme options, something like that remains in the config:

$Configuration['Garden']['ThemeOptions']['Styles']['Key'] = 'Classic';
    $Configuration['Garden']['ThemeOptions']['Styles']['Value'] = '%s_classic';

But that shouldn't be the problem.

By the way: I've tested your theme on my clean 2.8 installation and I do not get that error (although I have those ThemeOptions fragments in my config)

I have no ThemeOptions entries in my config.php.