HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Porter Version 2.4 with PHP 7.X ?

seems this is still not working ?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

What error are you getting?

• Options
    DwarfDwarf New
    edited March 2019

We want to migrate from VB 5.5.1 to latest Vanilla but need to be sure Porter wil work with PHP 7.x

Can someone confirm Porter will work with PHP 7.x ?

This is the error we are getting;

• Options

similar problem...

• Options

Same here. Any info on how to get around this? I have an old forum that needs rescuing.

• Options
    charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

It does work w/ PHP 7, but you need themysqli extension. The mysql package doesn't exist in PHP 7.x

• Options

So i installed mysqli but its needed mysql functions so the last comment does not work out. as Summary almost 1 Year no Updated shows me vanilla is not interested that people are moving to vanilla - really sad i wanted to give it a try but .......

• Options
    PatchesPatches Moderator

There was in fact an issue with the version 2.4 of the Porter. A new version has been uploaded today. Please let us know if you run into any other issue while using this version.

The PDO extension is used by default. This can be changed by modifying the value of the DB_EXTENSION constant in the vanilla2export.php file, like in the example below.

define('DB_EXTENSION', 'mysqli');

Sorry for any inconveniences this issue might have caused.