HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Official Basic Pages Feedback Thread

1235»

Comments

• Happens to my front page as soon as I enable the plugin. I guess it doesn't work with the latest version of vanilla forums..

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@jhayes88 said:

I enable the plugin

Have you read the installation instructions? I have experienced no problems.

• @R_J said:

@jhayes88 said:

I enable the plugin

Have you read the installation instructions? I have experienced no problems.

Hey thanks for responding. I actually did install it wrong, but I went back to your instructions and did exactly what it said and still have an issue.

I copied the inner directory to the matching directory in /applications/vanilla/ and it forced my forums into discussion mode. I went into my dashboard and tried to change the setting back to category mode and hit save. According to dashboard, it was in category mode, but the forums were still in discussion mode. There's something hard coded in one of the files you included to force it into discussion mode. Thankfully I made a backup of the files before I did this so I could revert back.

If you know what file I should check in to keep it from forcing into discussion mode, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks

• jhayes88jhayes88 New
    edited December 2018

I think the wording of the installation instructions had me a little confused. As of now I still can't get the plugin to work. It just breaks my website.

In the instructions it says "Clone the repository into the applications directory of Vanilla ". There is no applications directory in the vanilla directory.
    Then it says "and be sure to double check that new directory is named basicpages.". Where is the folder named basicpages supposed to go? It's not very clear. And yeah English is my first language. I just don't understand it.

• jhayes88jhayes88 New
    edited December 2018

And even after removing my files in that directory and re-installing my backup files, my website is still broken now. :XXXXXX

Well, I'm doing a full website removal/restore now to see if that helps.

Well, the forum is called "Vanilla", so Vanillas application folder is the /applictions folder.
    In your forums root folder you have mainly

/applications
    /cache
    /conf
    /plugins
    /themes
    /uploads

You need to unzip/clone the file inside the /applications folder so that you have /applications/basicpages

• @R_J said:
    Well, the forum is called "Vanilla", so Vanillas application folder is the /applictions folder.
    In your forums root folder you have mainly

/applications
    /cache
    /conf
    /plugins
    /themes
    /uploads

You need to unzip/clone the file inside the /applications folder so that you have /applications/basicpages

OUTSTANDING :D:D:D

I got it working. That clears up a lot lol. Thank you so much!

• subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA

It would be nice if Basic Pages could support for Rich Editor. It would as be great if if could support parent-child pages (sub-pages).

I wish this was part of the core. I mean, Pockets became part of the core. Why not Basic Pages as well? 😊

• Ordered lists do not seem to be working, either with HTML or with `markdown`. I have the latest version of both vanilla forums and basicpages installed.

That could be a css problem. Vanilla resets lists (don't ask me why). If you use HTML, enclose your text in an element of class "userContent"

• This is likely the issue. I have always had to add something like this to my themes:

ul {
        list-style: disc;
    }

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• manticore789manticore789 Down Under New

Is there a way to have basic Pages display by role? For instance, there are some pages that I want displayed to members but not to guests and vice-versa. Is this possible?

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited May 2020

@manticore789, yes, you can enable "Use custom view permission for roles?" in the page's settings. As for the vice versa of allowing only guests, I don't recall if the role editor lets you change many permissions on the guest role.

However, I filed a bug on my own repo a while back with an observation that the custom view permission doesn't show up in the role editor since Vanilla 2.5. I've been away and haven't looked into it. If that doesn't work, please let me know. Alternatively, you could create a simple plugin that checks if a user has a certain role or if they have a session (signed in) based on which page is being shown meanwhile.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• manticore789manticore789 Down Under New

@Shadowdare, yes I can confirm that the Custom View permission for Roles does not appear in Version 3.1.

Would be great if it did, as Pages has a lot of value I reckon.

Cheers.

• I have noticed that markdown is not being respected for lists e.g. using * with a space or numbering 1. 2. 3. etc

vanilla 3.3. with plugin 2.1.9