Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to stop profiles page to get indexed in search engines

Hi All,

I did put my robot.text file in root with dissallow profile page but still its indexable how I can stop my profile page to get indexed in google .
one more thing my discussion pages are not indexable as I have checked with SEO Doctor plugin for firefox any help please ?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

you could possibly add some jquery similar to this but not all the links to the profile use the same class all the time. Some times it is .Author a and others span.LastCommentBy a etc

<script type="text/javascript">jQuery(document).ready(function(){
        $('a.ProfileLink[rel=nofollow]');
    });
        </script>

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Not sure a jquery fix would help as it would require the crawler to run JS to see the modified links.

Good thought though. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• labastrolabastro New
    edited September 2020

Hello,

I am also looking for a simple way to add a nofollow attribute for profiles links in topics lists pages (for Vanilla 3.x):

Thank you for your help.

• ianw5555ianw5555
    edited September 2020

Just add the no index and/or no follow tags to the profile page

<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">

• Thank you @ianw5555 for your answer.

I have already done this, but I would like to prevent search engines from following these links (in order to not to see false errors in the Google search console, for example).

• ianw5555ianw5555
    edited September 2020

Do you mean that you want these (internal) links to be nofollow?

• labastrolabastro New
    edited September 2020

Yes, exactly! 😉

I think this link is made here, in /applications/vanilla/views/discussions/helper_functions.php:

echo ' <span class="MItem LastCommentBy">'.sprintf(t('Most recent by %1$s'), userAnchor($last)).'</span> ';