Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Attachments 2.1

124»

Comments

• I have enabled the Attachments 2.1 and Inline Images extensions. I have successfully set up a folder outside of my web root to upload files to, and have tried uploading files to confirm success. I have also made appropriate changes to the Roles and Permissions on what level of access I want to give users to uploading/ managing attachments. However, I am running into one slight problem that is a hassle. Under my forum's main page, a yellow message that says, quote, "Remember to set Attachments Permissions for you and your users. You can do it at the Roles & Permissions page." I have already done this, and have clicked on the "Remove this message" link to the far right, however, it ALWAYS seems to keep coming back once I navigate away from the page, and then navigate back, or even refresh. I have emptied my server's cache as well as computer's history and cache and neither one of these seem to be the problem. It is very annoying that this "sticky" message keeps coming up, and I am wondering if there is some way to get rid of it. If someone would be willing to take a look at it for me, I would GREATLY appreciate it! I would be happy to whisper you my admin username and password for my site, if you would like to take a look at it. Just let me know. Thanks! -Kyle
  • why isn't that working with my theme? shouldn't it be inserted somewhere here:

? help please! :(
  • Here is the code for allowing new versions of word and excel docs to be attached. More Open XML doc settings can be found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/dmahugh/archive/2006/08/08/692600.aspx 'application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet' => array('xlsx', 'XLSX'), 'application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document' => array('docx', 'DOCX'),
  • is there a way to have the have [+] Attachments replaced with the upload form by default?
  • I've encountered a problem with Attachments that rose has posted in the support category. I've found a workaround which I post here as well, in case people find it useful.

I'm using Vanilla 1.1.5a and Attachments 2.1. I had uploaded a few .pdf files without troubles. I was trying to upload another .pdf file, a got the following error message:

Some problems were encountered

The file you attempted to upload (NameOfFile.pdf) was of type "application/download", but the file extension "pdf" did not match the accepted extensions for this type of file: rar, RAR

When trying again I got the two additional PHP error messages at the top:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /.../vanillaroot/extensions/attachments/default.php on line 703

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$DiscussionID in /.../vanillaroot/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Control.DiscussionForm.php on line 124

And from then on I was getting the same error with other .pdf files.

I don't know why my pdf files are classified as "application/download". When checking them in Windows, they are perfectly normal pdf files (they start with the %PDF1.3 string). I don't know whether the browser or the server assigns a different type, nor why.

I turned around the problem by allowing files with extension "pdf" to be downloaded as application/download types. To do this, find the following line in extensions/Attachments/default.php:

$Context->Configuration['ATTACHMENTS_ALLOWED_FILETYPES'] = array (
    Below you'll find lists of allowed extensions for each file type. In my case I changed:

'application/download' => array('rar', 'RAR')
    into:

'application/download' => array('rar', 'RAR', 'pdf', 'PDF')
    I guess that rose should add a line for allowing RTF files:

'text/rtf' => array('rtf', 'RTF'),
    (Note that according to some references tables of MIME types, the right type for rtf should be application/rtf, so you may consider add a line for that to.)

If that way of working around the problem is ok, other people encoutering it should deal with it by adding lines/extensions for the MIME file type Vanilla mentions in the error message (text/rtf, application/download, etc.).