Discussion Extender 1.2
This version Upgraded to work with vanilla version 2.8
Do not forget to delete " cache " before use it .
Sorry my English is bad.
my users keep asking me about the above features. "Mark all read" seems to have disappeared entirely, whereas quoting has become quite cumbersome and inconvenient, especially when threads with arguments on religious and political issues grow exponentially in size with every new post.
I'm aware of the workaround.
Now for a post with short to medium length that works okay. But a long post, to which three or four people have already contributed, building the above structure becomes a bit complicated, whereas before it was possible to just quote the entire post, just write in between the lines, and the quotes wold be attributed the the appropriate user automatically.
>> @user1 said:
>> quote 1
> @user2 said:
> quote 2
user3's response goes here
Bottom line: inline quotes are a feature greatly missed in the otherwise quite awesome new editor
- Keystone Theme is now available and will be the default for new installs. It is fully responsive and brings a fresh new look to Vanilla.
- Rich Text Editor is now available and will be the default for new installs. It brings a best-of-class writing experience to Vanilla.
- The addons Akismet, Pockets, and Hero Image are now in core. These tremendously popular addons are now available without extra work.
- The addons Button Bar and OpenID are deprecated. They have been moved out of core.
- The addon Debugger has been deleted. (The DebugBar addon replaces it and is newly open sourced, but is not in core.)
- Many medium-severity security issues reported via our HackerOne campaign are now resolved.
Instructions to install, upgrade, and troubleshoot Vanilla are linked in the README file included in the download.
For help troubleshooting, start a new discussion and include what steps you have already taken from our troubleshooting list.
This is the FINAL release that will support PHP 7.0. It is our policy to drop support for PHP versions that have ended security support (PHP 7.0 support ended in December), and thus our next version will require PHP 7.1. (Note that the current PHP version is now 7.3 and we strongly recommend upgrading to it.)
Support for Vanilla 2.6.x has now ended.
There are a number of addons with important security updates. Please audit your addons against this list:
- FileUpload 1.9.2 was released today with 4 security patches. This is also its final release. Please upgrade to Advanced Editor or Rich Text Editor, which have uploading built into them. We will not make further security patches to it; it is now unsupported and will be deleted later this year.
- Signatures 1.6.1 was released 18 January with a security patch. Support continues.
- Q&A 1.4 - was released today with 2 security patches and a host of other overdue improvements. Support continues.
- Last Edited 1.3 - was released today with 1 security patch and other updates.
- Civil Tongue 1.2 - was released today with 1 security patch and other updates.
In 2018, we also deleted the Whispers and Customize Text addons. We strongly suggest removing them from your site if either is still there. The last known versions had security issues.
We removed these addons from the directory because they are now available within Vanilla 2.8:
You can manually retrieve addons we have sunset from core from our GitHub repo until they are deleted later this year:
These addons are now open source for the first time:
- Hero Image (within Vanilla 2.8)
- DebugBar (a developer tool not for production use)
These addons were recently deleted from the directory due to lack of use:
- Submarine Discussions
- No Bump
- HTML Links
- Facebook ID Display
These addons are likely to be removed in the near future:
- Locale Developer (no longer supported)
- Eventi (encourages view-based hooks we wish to move away from)
These addons have been added to the directory, but were already open source:
More addons are being updated as well, but have no current security patches or status changes to announce.